Getting Found in Product Searches. Tagging

TallTayl

The hardest part about selling online is being seen by your buyers.  

hoping @MilosCandles will chime in and give more pointers, but here’s one for Etsy users. I’ve noticed a significant drop in shampoo and conditioner  sales recently. I didn’t mind because I didn’t  love making them. A side effect of Covid was, of course, changes in raw materials supplies. I took the time to fully reformulate my products and want to take the opportunity to re-price.

While scanning Etsy, I like to look at the bottom of the page of items similar to mine. Have you ever noticed the list of key words?

05797D0D-F488-47BF-BFE1-BB865879D023.png

that’s a good start to showing up when someone types into the search bar! 

it used to be smart to use those key words in the title of the item, and in the first line of the item description too.  I need to camp out in the Etsy forums for a while to see what the latest best practices advice is with the newer algorithms. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In the beginning for with Etsy I paid for https://erank.com/ for a few months.  I combined that with  https://welcome.getvela.com/

I looked at the various keywords I was using, others were using how they ranked via erank.com.  Vela allowed me to MASS Update my listing, removing bad keywords and replacing with better keywords.  Once i learned what keywords were good and worked and which ones didn't, I was much better off.  $6-$10 a month is a good investment for a few months to help you along.

WARNING - Vella is awesome free tool to mass update etsy.  There were a few times I updated a few too many listing and didn't know it for a few days.  WHOOPS.  Just be 100% sure what you are updating is what you want.

• Thanks 1