Heads up to anyone using Cottonwood or Ribbon wicks

Saw an email from Northwood......

Ribbon wicks aren't being made by the manufacturer anymore so once current stock is gone they are gone for good...

Cottonwood is not quite the horror story, they just stopped making sizes CW60, CW70  CW75, CW90. The rest of the sizes are still being made (for now).

• Thanks 1

The hits just keep on coming, don't they?

WRT Ribbon wicks - GOOD! Those things are downright dangerous.

WRT Cottonwood, if you are able to order enough (thousands) they can still be made. These have potential in quite a few waxes, I wish I could get a CW5, CW10, etc to try. The CW20 is too big for many easy waxes, like coconut blends.

if only A&P didn't miss the marketing boat on these. Not many retailers offer them in small quantities. Only One that I know of... 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

The hits just keep on coming, don't they?

WRT Ribbon wicks - GOOD! Those things are downright dangerous.

WRT Cottonwood, if you are able to order enough (thousands) they can still be made. These have potential in quite a few waxes, I wish I could get a CW5, CW10, etc to try. The CW20 is too big for many easy waxes, like coconut blends.

if only A&P didn't miss the marketing boat on these. Not many retailers offer them in small quantities. Only One that I know of... 

I never found one wax that the ribbons worked in consistently, I wish they were like the ribbons in the store candles (i liked those) but I'm assuming the ones we got were one of the rejected designs.

Cottonwood.... I just can't get along with them. When I use them in paraffin / parasoy blends the first burn is spectacular, but every burn after that the flame just wants to grow huge, and the way they fray apart annoys me too.

17 minutes ago, ErronB said:

I never found one wax that the ribbons worked in consistently, I wish they were like the ribbons in the store candles (i liked those) but I'm assuming the ones we got were one of the rejected designs.

Cottonwood.... I just can't get along with them. When I use them in paraffin / parasoy blends the first burn is spectacular, but every burn after that the flame just wants to grow huge, and the way they fray apart annoys me too.

Cottonwood grow in many easy to burn waxes. In c1 they are great! They saved my bacon on a project about a year ago. A single wick would not work in the client’s jars, and doubles were not an option.

the post burn look is pretty weird, but nobody has questioned them, especially when I let them know they are cellulose and new technology. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
11 hours ago, Laura C said:

Hi Patty.

This is off topic but I just wanted to say that I visited your website and your palm wax candles are beautiful and you have some pretty decor items as well. 😊

Thank you for your kind words.  It is hard to keep up with the fiber art pieces.  I make them and take them to the shows and they get all bought out.  I don't get much of a chance to put them on the website.  

• Thumbs Up 1