Video editing software

TallTayl

I wish I could learn video editing.  I've been trying to get my 11 year old son to learn Adobe Premier, but his attention span is that of an 11 year old boy (shocking I know!).  I've done some clip cutting and text addition with free video editors out there (VSDC being one), that were relatively easy to use.  For trickier stuff like those fancy YouTubers do...🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

The good news is that because a ton of kids want to be influencers there is sure to be a ton of information out there about good resources and such.

Might be going on this journey myself.    My family always gives me money for Christmas so I am pre-spending it on a nice camera.

• Thanks 1

I have seen some great videos made using a plain old iPhone. The 11 camera looks great too. 

22 minutes ago, prs7979 said:

The good news is that because a ton of kids want to be influencers there is sure to be a ton of information out there about good resources and such.

Might be going on this journey myself.    My family always gives me money for Christmas so I am pre-spending it on a nice camera.

So Final Cut pro is for Apple products and what the pros in the film industry use. That is what I used in college when taking a film editing class. It is extremely pricey.

But if you want something simple and user friendly. I used Windows movie maker when I was younger. I had liked making homemade videos for my family. Nothing fancy but it got the job done. There is also an Apple app called iMovie but I have never used it as I have been out of the editing game for quite some time.  I know that the iphone11 pro takes 4K videos as well as HD videos. I think Jeff Standley had also talked about creating content on how he creates his videos. I didn't see them on his channel so he might have a different one. I know people in here have mixed reviews about him on here but I think he is great his videos are also very good quality so that will also make you stand out.

• Thanks 1

+1 for iMovie on Mac. I have to edit vids occasionally for my web design day job, and this one is relatively simple yet effective. The biggest thing for me is that it's intuitive so I don't have to invest a ton of time into learning ANOTHER application. It's pretty easy to find solutions online for any issues I happen to run into. If you understand the basics, you can get up and running on this quickly.

Good luck!

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, CandleBaker said:

+1 for iMovie on Mac. I have to edit vids occasionally for my web design day job, and this one is relatively simple yet effective. The biggest thing for me is that it's intuitive so I don't have to invest a ton of time into learning ANOTHER application. It's pretty easy to find solutions online for any issues I happen to run into. If you understand the basics, you can get up and running on this quickly.

Good luck!

That is what my daughter uses. Maybe I'll have her do the editing hahahaha. We will all be surprised at what we end up with :thumbsup2:

Thanks for the insight. 

• 3 months later...

A little late, but I'm a PC user and have a good time using the Adobe Suite: Premier Pro for videos, Photoshop and Illustrator for pictures and graphics. There are simpler programs for sure, but I make a lot of music videos with multiple camera angles and the Premiere Pro makes that incredibly easy to sync! 

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, smoogen said:

A little late, but I'm a PC user and have a good time using the Adobe Suite: Premier Pro for videos, Photoshop and Illustrator for pictures and graphics. There are simpler programs for sure, but I make a lot of music videos with multiple camera angles and the Premiere Pro makes that incredibly easy to sync! 

Sounds incredible! Thanks for the suggestion. 🤗