1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1=10

TallTayl

During my entire professional career I renewed employment one year at a time. It is an easy target to do “something” for one year. The years add up and allow for lots of growth and change in small, measurable increments.

For many years I was always on some business trip when a first roll over, first crawl, first step happened. My daughter’s first word was, “Dada”. At 3 years of age, my daughter knew me basically as the person who made her eat green stuff instead of chicken nuggets and fries. That was it. I left the familiar corporate world to spend precious, irreplaceable moments raising my daughter, vowing to never miss a “First” again. The corporate ladder got tossed in the bonfire where I watched it burn.

When my little was three we started a hobby business together to have something creative to do together. We designed bath products that were mom tested and kid approved. It took about 3 years before we decided to grow it into something “real”. First thing we did was join the Handmade Soap and Cosmetics Guild for insurance and their business tools and benefits. Never once did we plan to end up celebrating a 10 year anniversary with our own small enterprise. 

e8d80090-f894-4097-aca2-34e8d4ed767f.jpe

Happy 10th Anniversary to us! And many more... just one year at a time.

• Like 9

• TallTayl changed the title to 1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1=10

Congratulations!  We are all so fortunate to have you sharing the knowledge you have gained over these ten years with us.  

We all miss things as our children grow up.  But it is amazing what children remember from their childhood.  Not that first step, first word, of course; but that you showed them how to plant vegetables, that you took them with you to the voting booth, that you read to them or showed them how to put a worm on a hook, or how to make a bar of soap. :)

GoldieMN

• Like 1