Problend 600

I’ve never had much luck getting throw out of ProBlend 600 but I use a similar size and I had the best luck as far as safe burns with Premier 735 and CD6.

But like I said only one of about 6 threw well (FC Coffee House).  This was several months ago though so maybe I could coax it out of it now with more experience.

Pretty much any self-trimming wicks work in ProBlend 600, CD, Eco, LX, HTP. None of them really stood out to be the best for me.

As far as cure times go, it really depends on your process and the fragrance, but ideally you should give them at least a few days to a week because of the amount of soy in it.

How did you not have any luck with 6006? It has one of the strongest hot throws out of the parasoy blends.

I literally just started testing the 600 and lit my first candle yesterday. I started with the Eco wick series because they worked so well for me in another parasoy wax (CBL 130)
I used 12 oz Salsa Jars (3.3" diameter) and Eco 12 wicks with a 8% FO load. I cured for 3 days and it performed well with great throw and even burn. At times the flame "poofed up" a little but a quick trim took care of that. I may wick down to a Eco 10 just to see how it does. Fragrances used for testing are Balsam and Christmas Cravings from NG. All in all I can't say I hate it :) Time and more testing will tell. 

For the 8oz JJ's I'd start with a Eco 8 or 10. HTH. Good Luck :)

7 hours ago, ErronB said:

Pretty much any self-trimming wicks work in ProBlend 600, CD, Eco, LX, HTP. None of them really stood out to be the best for me.

As far as cure times go, it really depends on your process and the fragrance, but ideally you should give them at least a few days to a week because of the amount of soy in it.

How did you not have any luck with 6006? It has one of the strongest hot throws out of the parasoy blends.

Not sure. I tested with 6006 for about 4 months. I only got a slight hot throw once using a hemp 838. I used all different types of wicks and FOs. Any tips with the 6006? I still have some left. 

2 hours ago, Laila said:

Not sure. I tested with 6006 for about 4 months. I only got a slight hot throw once using a hemp 838. I used all different types of wicks and FOs. Any tips with the 6006? I still have some left. 

6006 has horrible inconsistency sometimes, I found that if you heat it to about 195, then add the FO at 190 and stir for a couple of minutes. Providing your thermometer is accurate then you should consistently have a good hot throw even 2 days later. Just don't use over about 8% FO load it doesn't need more. HTP / CD have always worked well for me in it. Or if you're using the 8oz jelly jars then the small Eco sizes like 1/2/4 can work good too. 

On 10/13/2020 at 11:36 AM, ErronB said:

6006 has horrible inconsistency sometimes, I found that if you heat it to about 195, then add the FO at 190 and stir for a couple of minutes. Providing your thermometer is accurate then you should consistently have a good hot throw even 2 days later. Just don't use over about 8% FO load it doesn't need more. HTP / CD have always worked well for me in it. Or if you're using the 8oz jelly jars then the small Eco sizes like 1/2/4 can work good too. 

Thank you! I will try that in the morning. 

• 10 months later...

I know Problend 600 can be picky about the fragrances you use. I have found that I need to use between 9-10% fragrance to get what I would consider a good hot throw. For those of you that have a lot of experience with this wax, how much fragrance do you have to typically use? 

1 hour ago, Craig said:

I know Problend 600 can be picky about the fragrances you use. I have found that I need to use between 9-10% fragrance to get what I would consider a good hot throw. For those of you that have a lot of experience with this wax, how much fragrance do you have to typically use? 

I use 6%-7% with excellent results.  

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/6/2021 at 7:51 AM, Craig said:

For me it completely depends on the fragrance, fragrances with a beast hot throw don’t need that much, I had to use about 9% generally, but then others like Macintosh apple 7% was enough. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback !! Maybe my expectations as far as the scent throw are too high. I had good hot throw with Apple Harvest from Candlescience at 8%. It just seems like there are quite a few that I have tried that don’t seem to throw real well. I know Problend 600 doesn’t throw as well as 6006, but it’s so much easier to work with in my opinion.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Craig said:

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback !! Maybe my expectations as far as the scent throw are too high. I had good hot throw with Apple Harvest from Candlescience at 8%. It just seems like there are quite a few that I have tried that don’t seem to throw real well. I know Problend 600 doesn’t throw as well as 6006, but it’s so much easier to work with in my opinion.

If scent throw is really holding you back, the Problend 400 has about the same melt point so it's also easy to work with, but as it's all paraffin you have to choose your containers and wicks very wisely to not have a sooty mess. But then you get the big hot throw, it just depends what tradeoffs you can deal with. 

8 hours ago, ErronB said:

If scent throw is really holding you back, the Problend 400 has about the same melt point so it's also easy to work with, but as it's all paraffin you have to choose your containers and wicks very wisely to not have a sooty mess. But then you get the big hot throw, it just depends what tradeoffs you can deal with. 

I have been looking at the Problend 400, I might have to test it out. Thanks for the information !!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/6/2021 at 7:54 AM, bfroberts said:

I use 6%-7% with excellent results.  

Do you find Problend 600 to be picky with scents? I’m just shocked that I can get a better hot throw from my 464 with a lot scents at 8% than I can with the Problend 600. 

3 hours ago, Craig said:

Do you find Problend 600 to be picky with scents? I’m just shocked that I can get a better hot throw from my 464 with a lot scents at 8% than I can with the Problend 600. 

Not really any more so than other parasoy waxes I've used with similar proportions.  I do use pretty small wicks.  Too big and it will inhibit the throw.  I also cure all my candles a couple of weeks minimum.