Issues with our "formula?"

So we've put out some very successful candles using 464 and premier wicks--but as of late, our usual formula (combo of jar, wax, frag oil and wick range) is just not working.  We're testing some heavier (think musky) cologne type scents, and having a heck of a time getting a decent (or any!) HT.   I am trying upwards of 5-6 wicks per candle from different lines, as opposed to just going up or down in the Premier 700 series, as has been successful for us in the past.  CD, ECO, HTP, Premier and CSN have all given equally "meh" results.    

Is anyone else having issues with 464 like we had a few years back?   Bad batches of wax?  I'm ready to chuck it all and start using a different wax, although my candle partner HATES the other wax and the extra cleanup, and "babysitting" it requires before a pour.   And switching our many successful scents to a new wax (with wicks that are getting harder to find) sounds arduous right before the holidays season. Thoughts?  Suggestions?  Encouragement?  

I've been working with 464 for several months now, which has been my first experience with this wax since it underwent all those changes a couple of years ago.  I have not seen any inconsistencies in 464 within the batches I've used this year, other than perhaps levels of moisture in the wax.  Is this the first time you've used these particular scents?  

I'm really not qualified help, but here are my thoughts.  If the wick seems appropriately sized and the candle has been allowed to cure and you still aren't getting a strong HT, I'd be inclined to blame the FO.  Are you burning immediately or allowing them to cure?  Some of my FOs have taken about 3 weeks to really amp up to where they need to be.  If it doesn't get there at that point, it's not what I consider an oil worth using.  I have had a little difficulty with a few FO's that I know used to throw in 464, but they just don't do as well in the new 464.  IDK if the wax is the culprit or if it's reformulated FO's or maybe both.  

• Like 1