Best sources for candle containers?

Hi all, apologies if this question has been asked before but I know the supply situation is quite different than in the past due to the pandemic.

I've been making scented candles for personal use for a few months now, but I'm starting to run out of the silver 8 oz tins and amber glass apothecary jars I've been using. (BTW, lurking on Craftserver has been so helpful and I'm grateful for the knowledge you all share!)

I'd love some different, more attractive containers. I've looked on a variety of dedicated candlemaking supply sites but they all seem to be low on stock or very basic looking. I saw all kinds of lovely containers on Alibaba but the minimum orders are much higher than I'm comfortable with. Is there a site I'm missing? I'd love some fun containers like the below, preferably in the medium size range, 12 oz or less.

Thanks so much :)

58997669_060_b?$an-category$=&fit=constr

57644379_053_b?$redesign-zoom-5x$

59433029_003_b?$redesign-zoom-5x$

paddywax-eucalyptus-sage.jpg

Edited by emily g.
wording

• 2 weeks later...

These specialty containers will require purchasing in bulk, unfortunately, unless you want to pay an arm and a leg. If you've got a decent budget, DreamVessels has different stuff (sourced from Alibaba), California Candle Supply had some interesting options, too. But again, supply issues are rampant.

• 5 months later...
On 3/22/2021 at 8:48 PM, SageSlowdive said:

Has anyone had any luck with Alibaba?

I can't answer your question, but you will find helpful information by typing 'Alibaba' in the search bar.

Edited by Soy-N-Suds
  • Like 1

On 3/22/2021 at 7:48 PM, SageSlowdive said:

Has anyone had any luck with Alibaba?

Yes, though it's a lot more complicated than simply clicking and purchasing like you would on Amazon or any other American supplier.  Generally, Chinese factories want to know that you're serious, that you'll be purchasing more than once, and that you'll be purchasing more than the MOQ.  That last bit is just my suggestion.  Ultimately, you want to show them that you're a serious buyer and looking for a long-term business relationship.  There are guides and books regarding the trustworthiness of factories and what to look for which I cannot answer to.  One last (important) thing.  You should expect to pay additional 20-50% of your total on shipping, customs, broker, tax, and filing fees.  So generally, bigger orders are better. 

• Like 2

It is better to hire middleman companies like China sourcing companies when dealing with Chinese manufacturers.  They will take care of everything including delivering it to your door for small fee, which is worth the money.  You might end up getting better product at better price this way.  They locate, make the deals, check quality, do exporting documents, put it on ship, go thru customs, and deliver it to your door.  Don't forget that China is communist controlled country, and it is not easy to deal with them directly.

For orders over 500 but less than 3,000 pieces, it might be better to work with US glass decorating companies.  They help you sourcing your containers (mostly American at unbelievable low price) and do coatings & decorating.  Quality of American manufactured glass containers and quality of coating/decorating is far superior to Chinese products, and the price is very compatible to made in China containers.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2021 at 10:46 PM, BusyBee said:

It is better to hire middleman companies like China sourcing companies when dealing with Chinese manufacturers.  They will take care of everything including delivering it to your door for small fee, which is worth the money.  You might end up getting better product at better price this way.  They locate, make the deals, check quality, do exporting documents, put it on ship, go thru customs, and deliver it to your door.  Don't forget that China is communist controlled country, and it is not easy to deal with them directly.

For orders over 500 but less than 3,000 pieces, it might be better to work with US glass decorating companies.  They help you sourcing your containers (mostly American at unbelievable low price) and do coatings & decorating.  Quality of American manufactured glass containers and quality of coating/decorating is far superior to Chinese products, and the price is very compatible to made in China containers.

BusyBee-

Great advice regarding the glass decorating companies. Do you have one you would recommend? I google it and didn't really get any matches, except a very large company in England. Thanks so much!

1 hour ago, sally202 said:

BusyBee-

Great advice regarding the glass decorating companies. Do you have one you would recommend? I google it and didn't really get any matches, except a very large company in England. Thanks so much!

JAFE Decorating.  https://jafedecorating.com/

Their minimum order requirement is 504 pieces, and they have stock items (black or white painted containers) which is available to purchase at 144 and above.  544 pieces of 12.25oz Libbey tumbler 918cd is around $1.38 each($0.66 for the jar + coating price), which the price will vary little bit depends on different coatings.  This pricing was last summer which might have gone up since everything has been going up during this pandemic.  Best price I have found on same Libbey clear jar that I have located at the similar time was $0.99(now it is $1.25), so I think they have really good pricing. 

• Like 2