Amber fragrance oil?

so-soy

Hi all! Does anyone know of a straight up Amber fragrance oil? I used to use the Amber from Tony’s then it became Southern Garden Scents. Now neither exist and I have a tiny amount of this oil left that I would love to be able to find another one as close to it as possible. I just want an amber that is a warm scent, not with any perfumey tones to it. Any ideas?? 

Hello fellow amber lover. One thing I learned is that there is no single “amber” fragrance. From the natural perfumery side I learned amber can be made from many different combinations of floral waxes and Incense resins. Some are super floral, others are super dry unexplainable base notes with myrrh. Some are more ambergris in nature.

i have a sweet, almost vanilla Oleoresin smelling  amber I absolutely love originally by Brambleberry many moons ago. I had it duped and love it in candles despite being next to impossible to wick. It does not do well in CP soap. I found something quite similar to it at The Perfumery so am pretty excited to not have to buy 25 lbs at a time of it Amy more.

i have another amber made of mostly base notes  that is pretty dry from Sweet Cakes that I also love. It works well in CP soap, but I have not yet tried to burn it.

the only types I don’t really like are the floral wax versions. 

having never smelled the one you have, I can only imagine it is more like the sweet cakes amber than the others. 

Hello! Thanks for responding!! I haven’t tried the Amber from BB or SC’s...I will look into the SC’s one. I wish this wasn’t such a hard scent to find. I do want one that can be used in Soy and also cp soap, which might be wishful thinking since I do remember how hard these are to wick. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/24/2020 at 1:30 PM, so-soy said:

Hi all! Does anyone know of a straight up Amber fragrance oil? I used to use the Amber from Tony’s then it became Southern Garden Scents. Now neither exist and I have a tiny amount of this oil left that I would love to be able to find another one as close to it as possible. I just want an amber that is a warm scent, not with any perfumey tones to it. Any ideas?? 

Cierra Candles just listed a new scent called Amber. It sounds amazing!

Rich blend of amber with notes of vanilla, patchouli, musk and sandalwood.

I really like the sample of Amber 235 from WSP. Its gorgeous in earthy blends or on its own—It doesn’t steal the show. I love it but as with most things from WSP the price is a bit high. I’m definitely on the lookout for a one that’s similar for under $25 per pound.

• 2 weeks later...

I read somewhere that amber is, basically, vanilla + musk.  Of course there's a million variations with bits of other scents brought in to make their variation of "amber" (there is no such natural scent; any amber from anywhere is a made up scent).  But you could use any vanilla + musk that you like, and even add a bit to it of other scents for your own custom spin on it, and you'd be as close to "amber" as anybody.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, same problem here but I HAD found what to me was the perfect amber, but now it is gone. It was Amber Glow from Soapalooza (formerly Southern Soapers). It was ideal. Vanilla, musk, sandalwood and maybe patchouli all in one. Somehow I missed it being discontinued and was devastated that it is gone.

I WISH I could find out if this was an exclusive to them or if it is distributed somewhere. 

I will have to hoard the remaining ounce for my personal use.

5 hours ago, DBoutique said:

Wow, same problem here but I HAD found what to me was the perfect amber, but now it is gone. It was Amber Glow from Soapalooza (formerly Southern Soapers). It was ideal. Vanilla, musk, sandalwood and maybe patchouli all in one. Somehow I missed it being discontinued and was devastated that it is gone.

I WISH I could find out if this was an exclusive to them or if it is distributed somewhere. 

a

I will have to hoard the remaining ounce for my personal use.

If you have an ounce, then you could get it duped by someone. Contact Bescented, or Julie Boesen of Scentsational Soaping, or Valerie Clavin of Valeries Soaping Supplies on facebook.