Nest Pumpkin Chai Scent (It's not fair)

jancita

I have tried probably twenty pumpkin spice/chai/name-your-pumpkin-dessert candle fragrance oils for my fall line. All left me wanting and questioning why pumpkin spice candle scents have to be so sweet and artificial smelling. I happened across a kitchen store today that had just gotten in a new shipment of the Nest Pumpkin Chai scented candle. Why, oh why, is Nest able to get this beautiful spicy, but not sweet fragrance oil. I already know the answer. They have the buying power to custom order, but why do none of the scents available to smaller candle makers believe that someone may want a less sweet option? One without vanilla and butter and graham cracker. Why just why do FO manufacturers do this to us?  Makes me want to make my own scents, but I don't know how. Sorry for the rant. 

Edited by jancita
typo
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, jancita said:

I have tried probably twenty pumpkin spice/chai/name-your-pumpkin-dessert candle fragrance oils for my fall line. All left me wanting and questioning why pumpkin spice candle scents have to be so sweet and artificial smelling. I happened across a kitchen store today that had just gotten in a new shipment of the Nest Pumpkin Chai scented candle. Why, oh why, is Nest able to get this beautiful spicy, but not sweet fragrance oil. I already know the answer. They have the buying power to custom order, but why do none of the scents available to smaller candle makers believe that someone may want a less sweet option? One without vanilla and butter and graham cracker. Why just why do FO manufacturers do this to us?  Makes me want to make my own scents, but I don't know how. Sorry for the rant. 

I feel the same way..To me a lot of fall bakery scents kind of smell similar, like caramel, butter, vanilla..I also would love to find a pumpkin scent w/o it smelling sweet..