Painting on glass

Karen Ov

hi..so I want to try decoupage, I have watched tons of videos,  looks easy..lol..So  sometimes they  paint the jars before applying the rice paper or napkins, they use those yellow round sponges or make up sponges  but mine comes out bumpy or the brush leaves streak marks..Am i missing something ? . Is anyone familiar with this kind of craft? Thanks💐

Are you talking about Mod Podge thing?  If you are trying to do rice paper or napkin method, then I believe it will come out with brush marks since Mod Podge is kind of thick material.  Maybe doing last 2 coats with very thin(lean) Mod Podge by adding some water into it?  It might require a lot longer to dry by adding water into Mod Podge.

Another method that might not show brush marks would be to do direct transplant of inks by removing paper with water.  This will require more time and some practices.

You would have to reverse print your design on paper.

Glue the printed paper on to glass jar using Mod Podge, and let it dry completely.

Wet the paper with water really good for several minutes.  You really have to soak the paper.

Remove paper by rubbing it gently and carefully with fingers or sponge. 

Only inks and Mod Podge will remain on the glass and should come out without any brush mark.

*There should be some video on internet doing this method also.

I am not sure whether Mod Podge can stand the heat of candle.

• Like 1