The Candle Source

ShelleyF

On 9/22/2020 at 4:40 AM, ShelleyF said:

I am looking for opinions on The Candle Source. Their fragrances are cheap but are they good? I am very picky. I only like strong fragrances. What brands would you compare this too. Thank you

I've liked all of the ones I've ordered from them. I don't use them much because shipping is so high to Texas but they have some good FO's. I've used their Vicks, Butt Naked, Banana Nut Muffin, Black Ice, Leather, Lemon Meringue pie, Love Spell, monkey farts, Oatmeal milk and honey, Pearberry and a few more and they are comparable to the other suppliers.

• Thanks 1

I ordered samples of the following a couple of years ago ... their quality was more of the the "old time" type of oils I've bought in the past, which I really prefer.  Some weren't as strong as desired, but they performed, mixed well, and most were pretty true to their name.  I liked that they were "basic" scents, as they mixed very well.

Creme Brulee - sweet, but not as full-bodied as I'd prefer
French Vanilla - smelled nice, but not an over-the-top
Fresh Cut Roses - definitely fresh cut roses!
J & J Bedtime Bath (Soothing Lavender) - nice in a body spray, I'd like to get more of this one
Spearmint Candy - a mint I mixed with other stuff, and it still shines through, should have bought more
Bartlett Pear - very nice, I added some spices to it
Fresh Strawberries - had more of a "jam" type quality, but nice anyway - goes great with roses, btw
Fresh Orange & Peel - a nice orange
Pineapple - pretty close, mixed very well
Peppermint - nice, just a basic peppermint

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Belinda said:

I've liked all of the ones I've ordered from them. I don't use them much because shipping is so high to Texas but they have some good FO's. I've used their Vicks, Butt Naked, Banana Nut Muffin, Black Ice, Leather, Lemon Meringue pie, Love Spell, monkey farts, Oatmeal milk and honey, Pearberry and a few more and they are comparable to the other suppliers.

Thank you I will see how much shipping is. I know you are a fragrance fanatic like me lol 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, birdcharm said:

I ordered samples of the following a couple of years ago ... their quality was more of the the "old time" type of oils I've bought in the past, which I really prefer.  Some weren't as strong as desired, but they performed, mixed well, and most were pretty true to their name.  I liked that they were "basic" scents, as they mixed very well.

Creme Brulee - sweet, but not as full-bodied as I'd prefer
French Vanilla - smelled nice, but not an over-the-top
Fresh Cut Roses - definitely fresh cut roses!
J & J Bedtime Bath (Soothing Lavender) - nice in a body spray, I'd like to get more of this one
Spearmint Candy - a mint I mixed with other stuff, and it still shines through, should have bought more
Bartlett Pear - very nice, I added some spices to it
Fresh Strawberries - had more of a "jam" type quality, but nice anyway - goes great with roses, btw
Fresh Orange & Peel - a nice orange
Pineapple - pretty close, mixed very well
Peppermint - nice, just a basic peppermint

Thank you. The Spearmint candy sounds really good. I also need a peppermint. I'm running out. I love a fresh rose. 

• Like 1