Any suggestions on wicks for this 11oz jar using 464 and 6006 wax

Giri

Good day, I been testing this jar with so many different wicks, I use 464 wax for some of my candles and I use 6006 for others any suggestions on wick will be appreciated, 11 oz jar, thank you all and greeting from Belgium 🇧🇪 

1 hour ago, Giri said:

TallTayl

Length 3.25”

width 3.25”

height 3.44”

thank you 

For soy, like 464, I would start with cd12 or 14. Some FO may require cd16 or more.

Unless it is leaving 1/4” of hang up or more, do *not* judge final needs until at least the middle. Things heat up in tall glass as the air currents pick up during the second and third burns, so a lot of hang up melts right Off and things get HOT in the last 1/3.
if the inside dimension is wider than 3” it may be a candidate for double wicking. If at all possible I try to avoid that. 

I do not use 6006, but others, like @bfroberts May be able to chime in. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

For soy, like 464, I would start with cd12 or 14. Some FO may require cd16 or more.

Unless it is leaving 1/4” of hang up or more, do judge final needs until at least the middle. Things heat up in tall glass as the air currents pick up during the second and third burns, so a lot of hang up melts right Off and things get HOT in the last 1/3.
if the inside dimension is wider than 3” it may be a candidate for double wicking. If at all possible I try to avoid that. 

I do not use 6006, but others, like @bfroberts May be able to chime in. 

Thank you so much! This process is painful 😩 I can’t wait to f7nd the right wick fir this jar!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bfroberts said:

For 6006, I would test Eco 8 - 10, LX 20 - 22, or zinc 60z - 62z.  It will be easier to wick this jar with 464.  

I test already all that wicks you mentioned, I just finish test a zinc core 60-44-18z, and not luck 😔 thank you 

15 minutes ago, bfroberts said:

For 6006, I would test Eco 8 - 10, LX 20 - 22, or zinc 60z - 62z.  It will be easier to wick this jar with 464.  

Oh any recommendations  for 464 on wick? I have at home available right now, eco10, Lx14,16,18,24,26 and 60-44-18z tia 

9 hours ago, Giri said:

I test already all that wicks you mentioned, I just finish test a zinc core 60-44-18z, and not luck 😔 thank you 

One of those wicks should work reasonably well.  You won't get a full melt pool on the first burn. You are going to have some hangup around the rim at first.  Did you burn your test candles all the way to the bottom of the container?  
Did you test 62z or LX 20 & 22?  Also, the candle needs to cure several days, ideally 2 weeks.  
I don't use 464 very much.  I would go with TallTayl's suggestion, CD wicks.  

2 hours ago, bfroberts said:

One of those wicks should work reasonably well.  You won't get a full melt pool on the first burn. You are going to have some hangup around the rim at first.  Did you burn your test candles all the way to the bottom of the container?  
Did you test 62z or LX 20 & 22?  Also, the candle needs to cure several days, ideally 2 weeks.  
I don't use 464 very much.  I would go with TallTayl's suggestion, CD wicks.  

I cure my 464 two weeks, and I do the same with 60006 to be sure, how much FO do you use? I try all this wicks you mentioned, thank you so much.

• 2 weeks later...