Fragrance Oil Samples - What do you do with rejected scents?

jancita

I have been making candles for several years and starting selling them in 2020. In that time, I have collected 100s of sample fragrances from Candle Science, Northstar Country Candle, Candle Cocoon, Flaming Candles, Rustic Essentials, California Candles, Brambleberry, Wooden Wick and more. What does everyone do with all these 1 oz or less bottles of fragrance oils when you decide not to add them to your collection. Do you create one-off candles with these scents and try to sell them in person? Do you just pour them out and throw them away? Do you just keep them for reference? Is there an exchange where I can sell them (for a reduced price, of course) to others? I know I should have more self-control when buying this, but I don't, and I know some of you have expressed being in the same situation. What do you do?

Glad I’m not the only one! 
if it does not hit right it tends to sit.  Had grand ideas about one-offs but thought the better of it. 

have given away, sold and craigslisted many, but they seem to keep breeding. Time to put together another Craigslist collection now that you mention it! 

I used to collect them myself. But now I just buy the big bottles and hope for the best. Lol if I'm not totally happy I just resell them. I am tired of fooling with the little bottles. They are not cost effective and they take too much time to try to create stuff with. 

• Like 3