Leather

jmspgh

Happy Monday everyone!  My brother in law (who lives in Texas) has requested that I try some leather scents for my candles. My searches here found that Lonestar and Texas Candle Supply have great options.  I really liked the sound of some of the ones through TSC so I added about a dozen 1oz samples to my cart but shipping was more expensive than the actual products.  I live in Pennsylvania.  I will probably bite the bullet and place the order since it's for family but I wanted to see if anyone else had suggestions on good leather scents.

I love Tabac & Leather from WSP. It's a Crate & Barrel dupe and it is a great one.  Very well balanced, smooth, and strong at 6% in every wax I've put it in.  
I do get my leather FO from Texas Candle Supply, and it's the best one I've found, not that I've tried that many.  I can't imagine one being any better.  I also like their Turkish Mocha, but that has nothing to do with leather...LOL.

On 9/14/2020 at 5:54 AM, jmspgh said:

Happy Monday everyone!  My brother in law (who lives in Texas) has requested that I try some leather scents for my candles. My searches here found that Lonestar and Texas Candle Supply have great options.  I really liked the sound of some of the ones through TSC so I added about a dozen 1oz samples to my cart but shipping was more expensive than the actual products.  I live in Pennsylvania.  I will probably bite the bullet and place the order since it's for family but I wanted to see if anyone else had suggestions on good leather scents.

I love the leather from TCS. It smells a lot like the one from LS too. From TCS I also love cowboys at the beach, cowgirl sugar britches, chaps, cowboy christmas, cowboy's wild country, leather and lace, thoroughbred, and I've got a couple more but can't remember which ones I like the best. I'm not much on cologne scents but people here in Texas love them!

Another good leather that I've found is the one from Fragrance Buddy. I like it because it smells good and it soaks up in my aroma beads really fast where as the leather from TCS takes forever and won't hardly soak up. But since you're using it for wax either one will smell great. The one from Keystone is a good one also. Not all leathers are created equal. I didn't like the one from BCN or Daystar at all! The one from AAA smells good too. I hope that helps!

On 9/14/2020 at 5:54 AM, jmspgh said:

I forgot to ask, where in Texas does your brother in law live? I'm about 50 miles north of Houston.

7 hours ago, Belinda said:

I forgot to ask, where in Texas does your brother in law live? I'm about 50 miles north of Houston.

He lives about 30 miles north of Fort Worth.

I just ordered wax from C&S and added a 1oz of their leather to try. I will probably end up getting some samples from TCS...I really like the sound of a lot of them. In my cart right now I have cowboys on the beach, cowboy sunset, dusty mexican morning, leather, leather and lace, sassy, sun washed denim and wild woods fantasy. What is cowboys wild country like?

Ooo...I just looked up thoroughbred. Might have to add that one too.

8 hours ago, jmspgh said:

He lives about 30 miles north of Fort Worth.

I just ordered wax from C&S and added a 1oz of their leather to try. I will probably end up getting some samples from TCS...I really like the sound of a lot of them. In my cart right now I have cowboys on the beach, cowboy sunset, dusty mexican morning, leather, leather and lace, sassy, sun washed denim and wild woods fantasy. What is cowboys wild country like?

Ooo...I just looked up thoroughbred. Might have to add that one too.

Cowboys wild country is kind of clean smelling to me. It smells good though. I can't really describe it. It's a cologne type. I don't like those type very much but they go crazy for anything with the name cowboy in it down here! I do love Cowboys on the Beach though! Cowboy Aloha smells good too. Those are both summer fruity scents mixed with leather. I think one might be mixed with Butt Naked and I'm not sure about the other one but I love both, especially Cowboys on the Beach. Thoroughbread has a spicy smell to it. It's good too!

I'm 50 miles north of Houston so he's quite a bit farther north than I am. I'm thinking about 4 hours from where I live. 

Thanks guys! I placed an order with C&S so I got a sample of their leather to try.  I am not a big fan of it OOB but am going to try it in wax too.  Will probably still place an order with TCS but I have a bunch of other samples to work thru already I want to make a dent in them first.