This Old House from FB scent description?

GailC

I bought this FO over 4 years ago and am finally going to use it.  Wasn't sure if I liked it, so it languished on the shelf.

I'm confused about Fragrance Buddy's scent description: warm apple, hot ginger, and cinnamon. But I smell more.  

Scent descriptions from other companies mention eucalyptus and cedar.  

I researched this FO on this forum and some have said that it's the same as Tennessee's This Old House.  If you have used this FO from any company, how would you describe the fragrance for customers?

Hi Gail!  Unfortunately, that's the same description used by Tennessee Candle Supply.  I agree with you that there is more to the scent than just those notes.  I smell a woodsy type note in the background so perhaps the cedar is what is.  It's like the apple, gingerbread, and cinnamon are baking in a wood cabin.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, soshiegirl said:

Hi Gail!  Unfortunately, that's the same description used by Tennessee Candle Supply.  I agree with you that there is more to the scent than just those notes.  I smell a woodsy type note in the background so perhaps the cedar is what is.  It's like the apple, gingerbread, and cinnamon are baking in a wood cabin.

Thanks! I wondered what Tennessee's description was.  That's weird.  Suppliers usually have more accurate scent descriptions.  Love the way you describe it! "Baking in a wood cabin". Exactly.  And that's why I didn't use it for years.  Just don't care for the smoke smell.

But I did just buy Candlescience's Christmas Hearth.  I had a smaller bottle years ago, and it is my sister's very favorite fragrance.  I do like its scent better than This Old House.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 1:47 AM, GailC said:

Thanks! I wondered what Tennessee's description was.  That's weird.  Suppliers usually have more accurate scent descriptions.  Love the way you describe it! "Baking in a wood cabin". Exactly.  And that's why I didn't use it for years.  Just don't care for the smoke smell.

But I did just buy Candlescience's Christmas Hearth.  I had a smaller bottle years ago, and it is my sister's very favorite fragrance.  I do like its scent better than This Old House.

I must be honest, I'm not a fan of the scent but my clients love it so I make it for them.  As for Christmas Hearth, I may have to give that a go!

On 9/21/2020 at 10:04 PM, soshiegirl said:

I must be honest, I'm not a fan of the scent but my clients love it so I make it for them.  As for Christmas Hearth, I may have to give that a go!

Well I hope some of my customers love it.  It seems if a customer likes one unique, out of the ordinary scent (that I don't care for), she likes all of them.  :) So I know at least one person who may buy This Old House candles.