Candle Science changes in oils not even close to old fragrances

EllyM

Is anyone else frustrated with all the changes Candle Science has made?  They were my favorite supplier but each fragrance change has been a dud. And then all the ones they have discontinued! I am trying to find dupes of all the ones I use now because I'm sure eventually they will be gone or changed to something not even close.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, TallTayl said:

Which? Do you have a top 10 list?

The old Odor Eliminator, Pink Magnolia Blossom, Black Currant Tea, Cranberry Marm., Lavender Chamomile, off the top of my head.  I haven't found replacements for those.  There were more that I did find decent replacements for, but I'd get in on a co-op for most any of the old scents if it was happening.

1 hour ago, bfroberts said:

The old Odor Eliminator, Pink Magnolia Blossom, Black Currant Tea, Cranberry Marm., Lavender Chamomile, off the top of my head.  I haven't found replacements for those.  There were more that I did find decent replacements for, but I'd get in on a co-op for most any of the old scents if it was happening.

Some claimed the AFI Odor remover worked as well or better? 

In order to get any dupes made we need a min of 1 oz of the original. a spare oz is helpful to compare what we get back.

we get back 1 oz of their copy to test. Must have decent pre-buy commitment for the 25 lb keg. 

Takes a few weeks round trip. I can help facilitate as needed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is sad news. I have a lot of both soap and candle scents I use with them. Maybe in soap I will have better success. But sometimes changes can make the scent fade, morph, or accelerate so fast its not worth it. The acceleration happened with the last change they did to their lavender and I still have a 5 lb container I am working my way through.

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Some claimed the AFI Odor remover worked as well or better? 

In order to get any dupes made we need a min of 1 oz of the original. a spare oz is helpful to compare what we get back.

we get back 1 oz of their copy to test. Must have decent pre-buy commitment for the 25 lb keg. 

Takes a few weeks round trip. I can help facilitate as needed. 

I've tried the AFI odor eliminator dupe and it's good.  I didn't have original to compare, but it smelled the same and performed the same based on what I could tell from memory.  

I have been hoarding many of the old scents, 1oz'ers of some, larger quanitites of others.  If we can gauge everyone's level of interest...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, GoldieMN said:

I haven't ordered from Candlescience since January.  How do you know which fragrances have been changed?

GoldieMN

Good question.  None of the suppliers note lot numbers On bottles. Super frustrating. Most of us find out when we have it in product and it stops working like we remember it should. 

• Like 3

On 9/12/2020 at 5:54 PM, TallTayl said:

Good question.  None of the suppliers note lot numbers On bottles. Super frustrating. Most of us find out when we have it in product and it stops working like we remember it should. 

Now they have their Clean Scents logo on there. They are awful.

My husbands favorite was their Lavender Cucumber and Sage. I bought the last few remaining bottles and am keeping them like gold. I also have a few remaining bottles of the Lime Cooler and Apple Maple Bourbon. I hate to pour them because I have not found a replacement.

Karen in MA

7 hours ago, sarahmarah said:

I’ve heard that they changed Lemon Pound Cake and it’s nothing like the original ☹️
I loved that one. 

You are right it is not the same at all. It's missing the strong lemon. Now it's muted down. Bitter Creek Candle company has a great one.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, sarahmarah said:

I’ve heard that they changed Lemon Pound Cake and it’s nothing like the original ☹️
I loved that one. 

I really like Fragrance Buddy's Lemon Pound Cake.  

I too need to know which ones have been swapped out.  This is not ideal.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1