8 oz Mason jars needed

Take a look at this place ... there are a variety of jars here.  I think this place is in Maryland from what I recall, but I could wrong, although almost positive it was east coast.  I actually ordered candle gel from them once and just thought to check back over the last few days, and I found some interesting stuff in that catalog!  Also, in looking at the fragrance oils they offer, for the most part, I bet they're surely Wellington scents.  I see they have C-3 wax there too.  I inquired to find out if they ship USPS flat rate and they sent me an e-mail telling me that if I place the request in the comments, they make an adjustment.  I think that's what they did when I ordered the gel, I got a refund for the difference. myworldhut.com

Edited by birdcharm

4 hours ago, Karen Ov said:

Hi ..I am also in MA. Sometimes i can find them at grocery stores. Do you have a Trucchis near you?  I have seen some mason jars there in the last couple of weeks..

No we do not. We are in Metro West.

Karen in MA

2 hours ago, bfroberts said:

It's showing the "Aztec" jar as OOS, but the others aren't, at least not for me.

I am looking for the ones that have three smooth sides for labels. The ones they have in stock have writing on all sides. 

Karen in MA

1 hour ago, kfintoni said:

I am looking for the ones that have three smooth sides for labels. The ones they have in stock have writing on all sides. 

Karen in MA

Gotcha.  I'm lucky cause I use the ones that are in stock.  Hope you find some.

• Like 1

Uline has the 8oz Ball canning jars (not mason).

Specialty Bottle has 8oz tapered jars.

Wow. I didn't realize the shortage was that bad. A lot of sites list them as in-store only. I passed by some at Lowes the other day... wishing I had grabbed as many cases as I could carry. Walmart's canning section has been empty for weeks. Check stores like Lowes, Home Depot, Michaels, Joann, Kroger, etc. Feed, tractor, and hardware stores might have them. (Speaking of, I need to check the local feed store tomorrow.) The jars might not show on their sites but they sometimes get shipments, and if you're lucky there might be some left.

there is a huge shortage for canning supplies everywhere.   the only ones I've been able to find are the 4 oz.  Can't find replacement seals or bands.  Fortunately, I've been canning for years so had some back-up supplies.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shari said:

there is a huge shortage for canning supplies everywhere.   the only ones I've been able to find are the 4 oz.  Can't find replacement seals or bands.  Fortunately, I've been canning for years so had some back-up supplies.  

Saaaaaaaame.

between the supply chain interruptions and everyone becoming Martha Stewart this year it has been super challenging. Price gouging has been brutal. 

i found bands and lids at local small hardware stores, like Ace and jars at Tractor Supply. It was cheaper in many cases to buy the jars new with lids.  My gut told me to start collecting the minute I saw supplies in the stores, so a case at a time the second they came onto the shelves. Lids just never came out. All my usual online suppliers were out or prices shot up Immediately.

Hoping things can get back to a little bit of normal next year. Glass and metal of anything is an issue. Even Libbey glass is struggling. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

BTW, check out the large home improvements stores (Lowes and HD). I went to another Lowes and they had two pallets of 16oz and 1qt jars and both were nearly sold out. People were asking me where I found them (they had been relocated due to Christmas decorations displays being set out - Xmas trees already?!?!). The demand is real. The jars don't show on the websites either. We had to call and they verified that there were some left in the store, so call beforehand or visit if it's not out of the way.

Edit: 8oz might be harder to find. Haven't really seen those - only a few small cases at Walmart and they all had embossed sides.

Edited by Kerven
  • Like 1

On 9/9/2020 at 10:01 AM, TallTayl said:

Saaaaaaaame.

between the supply chain interruptions and everyone becoming Martha Stewart this year it has been super challenging. Price gouging has been brutal. 

Can't stop laughing because it's so true, I can't even imagine how much money all the candle supply stores have been making during this pandemic, must be a sickening amount.

I find the mason jars at Walmart sometimes, I know not all of them carry the same stuff so might have to go around a couple different stores but I haven't seen a huge problem getting them lately here on the East Coast.

• Like 1

I may be too late here, but I have a "ton" of jars I want to sell, including the 8oz. mason jars.

I need to start putting something in the classified section here, lol 

I'm cutting way back on my inventory.  I'll be sticking with 2 styles of jars, and perhaps 20 fragrance oils, so I have hundreds of oils to list  🙂

Wow, I hadn't even thought about it until now but it makes sense. With the corona virus pandemic so many people have started canning food for fear of shortages and fear of the unknown. Hopefully things will get back to normal soon. I sure miss the good ole' days. 😷

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ravens said:

I may be too late here, but I have a "ton" of jars I want to sell, including the 8oz. mason jars.

I'm cutting way back on my inventory.  I'll be sticking with 2 styles of jars, and perhaps 20 fragrance oils, so I have hundreds of oils to list  🙂

Hi, did you list your jars for sale?

On 9/15/2020 at 12:07 PM, Ravens said:

If you have the ones I am looking for I am interested in buying them from you.

Karen in MA