Recreating my soap biz

Candybee

Is it too weird to have a sea themed business name in a landlocked area not anywhere near a beach?

I am currently owner of a soap biz specializing in olive oil soaps.

Next year I plan to register a new biz with a new name, theme, branding, and focus. I will be specializing in products made with ingredients from the sea that help remineralize the skin such as sea salt, sea clay, and kelp products in both soap and bath.

I have been wanting to do this for a few years now but held back because I did it once before years ago when I went from a primarily candle biz to a soap biz. Changing things up means a loss in some of my customers so I take this seriously.

But I keep rethinking the new business name. Should it or should it not have the word Sea in it? Is it weird in a landlocked area to do so? Does it even matter? I will be located in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia known for its civil war history, battlefields, the valley is also known as the "breadbasket" due to all the apple orchards, extensive farmlands, etc. Its full of "country" folk and tourists trying to get away from the metropolitan area of DC. 

So I could use some thoughts, advice on the names I am thinking of.

I want it named after me this time and kept simple.

Names I have come up with and like are:

Candy's Soap & Sea Bath

Candy's Soap & Mineral Bath

Candy's Soap & Bath (a bit too simplified but doable)

Sea Minerals Soap & Bath

Soap & Mineral Bath

The first 2 are my favorite. Any advice would be helpful. If you have a new name you want to throw out please do.

I don't think it's weird at all especially if using products from the sea.  Maybe deciding on what you want to implement in your logo will help with a name.  Like waves, seashells, kelp.  IDK just throwing ideas out there.  Personally I'd go with Mermaid in the name, but I'm a Mermaid at heart, lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kandlekrazy said:

I don't think it's weird at all especially if using products from the sea.  Maybe deciding on what you want to implement in your logo will help with a name.  Like waves, seashells, kelp.  IDK just throwing ideas out there.  Personally I'd go with Mermaid in the name, but I'm a Mermaid at heart, lol.

Funny you mention mermaid, my logo is a mermaid on ocean waves in the new biz theme colors; pool blue and aqua. I will be using the mermaid logo as my company branding logo, and two secondary logos on some of my individual products; a vector black on white mermaid and a vector black on white seahorse.

Anyway, I just can't decide on using the word "sea" or "mineral" in the biz name and keep going back and forth on this one detail.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1

On 9/2/2020 at 6:51 PM, franu61 said:

Candy's Sea Minerals Soap & Bath

I really like that name Fraunu but it is a bit too long. I finally decided to go with Candy's Soap & Sea Bath. I just like the way it sounds when I say it. Also, I started working on some labels with my new name, logos, sea fonts (downloaded a bunch of adorable sea fonts), and colors. I am really getting into it. Once I made the final decision on the name it was like a great weight had been lifted. Plus I have the go ahead with the name to really get into the sea theme with my products, signage, promotional materials, etc. I am as happy as a clam now!! Tee hee!!!

• Like 2