Is there an expiration date on FO's?

mindy5140

Getting back into making candles again.. Finally cleaning up my hoard of FO's. I have Fragrance oils from 15 years ago, that Im not going to use they didnt smell good then and definitely dont now..

Although I have come across full bottles of Berts, MW, KY, BW FO's that still smell great.. So could I just use them up, while finding dupes of them??

Edited by mindy5140

If they still smell good I would use them. The performance will probably far exceed what you can get now. If they’re over five years old there’s a good chance they contain phthalates. I don’t mind them as they help a candle really throw well. Some people might object due to marketing.

• Like 3

You might be able to blend some of those old ones to make something new with them ...?  If you decide to dispose of the ones you don't like, just make sure you take them to the proper facility for that, as they're chemicals.  I bet you could work with some of those, I've made some "bad" ones smell pretty good with a little scent work.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2020 at 6:33 AM, mindy5140 said:

Getting back into making candles again.. Finally cleaning up my hoard of FO's. I have Fragrance oils from 15 years ago, that Im not going to use they didnt smell good then and definitely dont now..

Although I have come across full bottles of Berts, MW, KY, BW FO's that still smell great.. So could I just use them up, while finding dupes of them??

Would you happen to want to get rid of any of your Berts or KY? If so, message me!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...