6006- Bottom of Jar / Wick Leaning

Hello All...So I am currently testing a 3.25 Diameter Straight Sided Jar using 6006.  There is still 1/2 jar of wax remaining - but I notice - it seems like the wax is too "SOFT" at this point and the wick is falling / moving in the pool. So my question is...Would I be better off pouring a "HARDER" wax? - in the bottom to help stabilize the wicks or would adding a cooler burning wax that don't burn so hot?  I like the idea of the cooler wax...but not sure. Is there a Cool yet Hard wax??  Please if anyone could chime in....any suggestions on this and what wax I could potentially use? Thanks.

HTP?  I don't like them for that very reason.  It's almost impossible to keep them from leaning til they fall over in 6006, especially in certain containers.  My remedy was just not to use them.  If you want to try something different, LX are nice in 6006.

• Thanks 1

Pretty much any self-trimming wick is gonna do that. A lot of people use LX in 6006 but I can't get them to work AT ALL. Zinc wicks work very well, and don't fall over, but they are prone to some pretty big mushrooms depending on the FO's and how much you use.

I am using a CD wick for this jar. -   I am not sure if the biggest Zinc I have will work for this jar since it is a teense over 3 inches. I have tested LX in the Mason Jar. I really don't like the tall flames with the LX. That wick - after trimming seems to grow very tall. - BF Roberts - I honestly have not burned a candle all the way down using the LX wicks due to tall flames. Have you had the wick falling over issue?  I can revisit the LX wick in this jar.  But I notice that when I stick a wick pin into the melted pool, the wax underneath is soooo soft.