Favorite/ Best Selling Fall/Winter Scents?

Belinda

If there are any bayberry lovers out there I have two favs:

Bayberry Apple Spice C&S - warm inviting scent of bayberry mellowed with cinnamon and apples; my absolute fav bayberry scent ever!

Bayberry Cinnamon Fillmore - this one is a bit more herbal to me without the apples but nice notes of cinnamon spice

To me you can't have a Christmas without a bayberry candle. BTW both are strong in soy, palm, and parasoy at 6%.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Candybee said:

3 hours ago, Candybee said:

If there are any bayberry lovers out there I have two favs:

Bayberry Apple Spice C&S - warm inviting scent of bayberry mellowed with cinnamon and apples; my absolute fav bayberry scent ever!

Bayberry Cinnamon Fillmore - this one is a bit more herbal to me without the apples but nice notes of cinnamon spice

To me you can't have a Christmas without a bayberry candle. BTW both are strong in soy, palm, and parasoy at 6%.

Have you ever used bayberry from NG? I tried the one from Aztec and hated it but love the one from NG. I was just wondering how theirs compared to the  ones you mentioned. I may have to give them a try!

• Like 1

On 8/31/2020 at 2:51 PM, karinz40 said:

What are your favorite christmas scents?  Now that I am lerning to make 8 oz tin candles i want to send something  to my family members in Ohio for Christmas, that is if I am able to make a good candle by then.

I like Christmas Splendor and Victorian Christmas from Aztec.  My favorite may be Main Street Christmas from Rustic Escentuals.

17 hours ago, Belinda said:

Have you ever used bayberry from NG? I tried the one from Aztec and hated it but love the one from NG. I was just wondering how theirs compared to the  ones you mentioned. I may have to give them a try!

No haven't tried NG's so can't compare. May give it a try sometime.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2020 at 7:51 PM, barbaranj said:

I am in love with Millcreek’s Fireside Musk.   

Fireside Musk 203 
Curl up by the fire with this blend of warm sandalwood, patchouli, vanilla and light musk that form the base for mid notes of violet and, jasmine and mingle with light citrus top notes.

Also, Oak Barrel Cider from RE is a great Fall scent.   Very warm and cozy.  

I wonder if this is lik the Fireside that Indiana Candle used to have. Sh no longer carries it and it was devine.

Karen in MA

1 hour ago, kfintoni said:

I wonder if this is lik the Fireside that Indiana Candle used to have. Sh no longer carries it and it was devine.

Karen in MA

Kfintoni....I can send you a sample tart to melt it you would like.  You can get a better sense if it is in wax, IMO.

PM me your address.

9 hours ago, GailC said:

I have been burning Leaves from Aztec and have decided it is my very favorite fall scent.  My children and grandchildren love it too.

I didn't know if you knew this but fragrance buddy went way up on the pumpkin cupcake. I was really upset when I saw it last night for $16.25 instead of $10. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ShelleyF said:

I didn't know if you knew this but fragrance buddy went way up on the pumpkin cupcake. I was really upset when I saw it last night for $16.25 instead of $10. 

Wow, that's still very cheap for a 1 lb bottle of FO. I can't believe they were selling any FO for $10 a lb. 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Candybee said:

Wow, that's still very cheap for a 1 lb bottle of FO. I can't believe they were selling any FO for $10 a lb. 

It is very cheap still. I liked it at $10 but can do better since it went up. I found a different one awhile back but this was a better price. Some I have paid $35 for. 

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, ShelleyF said:

Yes I saw the price increased.  I'm surprised it stayed at $10 for so long. I just checked my old orders and it was $8.00 a lb  the first time I ordered it in 2017.

Speaking of FB, they finally got power and opened back up over the weekend.  I figured they would be way behind on orders, but I ordered Sunday and received my order today.  It came in a large flat rate box, Which would be about $18 shipping, but I got free shipping over $100.  I think FB is the least expensive place to order FO's since they have reasonable prices and free shipping.  Plus I get a $5.00 off discount code to use on the next order.

I got Pumpkin Sugared Donut this time instead of Pumpkin Cupcake because I have a customer who loves Pumpkin Sugared Donut.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, GailC said:

What's wrong with your customers!??  :)  I ordered more from Aztec; got my order today and Leaves is backordered.  :(

I wish I knew what was wrong with them LOL! They're Texans so they like leather and cowboy/ masculine scents, YUK!!!! I'm a Texan too but I have better taste LOL! Seriously, some of them like bakery though but a lot of people say those type make them hungry. I 've never noticed that being the case myself. A lot like florals too which I don't care for at all. 

I have some Leaves I think if you need me to send some to you.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2020 at 5:58 PM, Belinda said:

I wish I knew what was wrong with them LOL! They're Texans so they like leather and cowboy/ masculine scents, YUK!!!! I'm a Texan too but I have better taste LOL! Seriously, some of them like bakery though but a lot of people say those type make them hungry. I 've never noticed that being the case myself. A lot like florals too which I don't care for at all. 

I have some Leaves I think if you need me to send some to you.

Thanks Belinda, but I'll just wait on my backorder. At least my family and I have Leaves candles to burn.  :) 

Gee, I don't like floral scents either.  I hope you get to use FO's you actually like once in a while.

I do sell a lot of Honeysuckle, Lily of the Valley and Lilac, so I have customers who like florals too.  One asked about a Rose candle.  I got a sample from Aztec and I think one from CS once, but I just don't know if I could stand to make Rose candles.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, GailC said:

Thanks Belinda, but I'll just wait on my backorder. At least my family and I have Leaves candles to burn.  :) 

Gee, I don't like floral scents either.  I hope you get to use FO's you actually like once in a while.

I do sell a lot of Honeysuckle, Lily of the Valley and Lilac, so I have customers who like florals too.  One asked about a Rose candle.  I got a sample from Aztec and I think one from CS once, but I just don't know if I could stand to make Rose candles.

Rose gives me a headache! I did find a really pretty rose scent I think from JS. I want to say it was rose vanilla and it really smelled so good. I will probably add it this coming spring. Or it might have been rose milk from RE. I'll have to pull my samples out and sniff before I order.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/12/2020 at 1:21 AM, GailC said:

I absolutely can not tolerated florals. They all make my headache worse. I have a chronic daily headache due to a medical condition. That said: I've learned to live with it so at times I'm not really focused on the pounding head. But if I test a floral Scent....even just 15 minutes in my wax melt warmer...I'm cooked. There's one and only one acception to the rule, but I can't technically call it a floral the way I reviewed, say, a Better Homes & Gardens (Walmart) "Daffodils & Daisies."  The worst scent note is patchouli. Headache and 🤢 both at once! The only exception to that, and I mean only, is Bridgewater Candle Co's. "Sweet Grace." To die for, as is their ""Afternoon Retreat." But I'd be way to afraid to spend money on a bottle of FO with the Bridgewater scent notes....I disagree with them LOL!!!

On 11/12/2020 at 8:08 PM, wild4waxmelts said:

I absolutely can not tolerated florals. They all make my headache worse. I have a chronic daily headache due to a medical condition. That said: I've learned to live with it so at times I'm not really focused on the pounding head. But if I test a floral Scent....even just 15 minutes in my wax melt warmer...I'm cooked. There's one and only one acception to the rule, but I can't technically call it a floral the way I reviewed, say, a Better Homes & Gardens (Walmart) "Daffodils & Daisies."  The worst scent note is patchouli. Headache and 🤢 both at once! The only exception to that, and I mean only, is Bridgewater Candle Co's. "Sweet Grace." To die for, as is their ""Afternoon Retreat." But I'd be way to afraid to spend money on a bottle of FO with the Bridgewater scent notes....I disagree with them LOL!!!

I'm right there with you! I do like chocolate orchid from NG and there are a couple more that I've found that I actually like but I'm still not drawn to them at all. When I melt wax or burn a candle I want something bakery or spicy, and sometimes even a minty smell. I do like things like Bayberry and Flaming has one called bayberry and silver oak that I love and I never would've thought that one would appeal to me. Trappeur told me about that one and she always had such good taste and she sent me a candle in it and I fell in love with the scent.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 1/13/2021 at 4:03 PM, The Candle Nook said:

@franu61 have you used the reformulated oakmoss & amber?

No.  I haven't tried any of CS' reformulated.  Heard so many bad reviews from ya'all I don't want to waste my time and money.   If I have to (basically) start over on the reformulated scents from CS, I figure I will look somewhere else and start over with them.  Does anyone know of a good replacement for OM &A?

Edited by franu61
  • Thumbs Up 1