Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I would like to start of by saying that I am fairly new to the candle making game. Unlike some seasoned veterans I barley have a year under my belt making candles and wax melts. However, with the risk of sounding prideful, I make good products. My HT and CT are strong and I have a set process that gives 90% sucess (avoiding major issues) when it comes to production. That being siad, the other 10% lies in the look of the candle. 

I use soy 464 for my candles and 494 for my melts and each frost. I understand that it is because it is natural and that is what soy does however I can't help but question if someone would want to buy a candle with it.

Personally I would be okay with it because I know the quality of the candle is maintained in its most principle level (the scent) however the average consumer might not know that. For the bussiness owners out there, what is your take on selling these 'imperfect' candles?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say as long as they're safe it'd be fine.   Maybe you can sell a line of "ugly" candles at a discount if you feel like ones that aren't up to your standards might damage the perception of your candles in general.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think for people who are familiar with soy candles, they understand the rather rustic aspects of what they're buying ... that is, in part, why they are buying it.  Anyone who burns candles know that soy candles may have frosted areas, might develop frosted areas over time, or may frost after burning, simply the nature of the material.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...