UK Rapeseed wax blend

Hello all,

I am very new to candle making so please be patient with me. I recently decided to try Rapeseed wax but was told it would be better to mix it with another wax. I think coconut wax would be great with rapeseed but I’ve never blended waxes before. What should my percentage of each wax be & would that change my melting point & FO amount?

Hello,

We don't have rapeseed wax over here in US, so I do not have experience with it.  But, I suggest you to try EcoSystem RCX from Candle Shack in UK manufactured by British Wax before you try to make your own blend.  It is rapeseed & coconut blend.  You might want to consider Kerax 4105 (paraffin & rapeseed blend) also.  Kerax 4105 was used in British Royal Wedding candles.  It would be much easier to use already blended wax than try to blend your own.

Blending wax is very easy thing to do.  But, you will need to know characteristics of each wax in order to come up with perfect blending proportion to your liking.

Enjoy your candle making!

Thank you! I’m trying to stay away from non eco friendly waxes so Paraffin would be a no for me. I originally wanted to try RCX but I’m actually in the U.S & unfortunately Candle Shack doesn’t ship here, I was lucky to find a Rapeseed wax manufacturer that did. That’s why I just thought to blend my own. Still currently looking to see if there is a RS/CW wax blend that I can get shipped here