Dream Vessels

jmspgh

I have been looking for some new "higher end" candle containers to try and I really like the looks of the ones by Dream Vessels.  The past few months most of their containers have either been out of stock or pre-order only.  Is this common for them or is it because of all the COVID related shipping delays?  Any other suggestions as to where I could find some containers similar to theirs?

• 3 weeks later...

I bought from them initially when their warehouse was in California, and I got a smokin' deal on jars when they relocated to Tennessee and were liquidating.

Based upon what I've seen, they're a small business doing the best that they can.  I wouldn't feel comfortable depending on them for JIT supplies.  If I were the type to stockpile/hoard in advance, there wouldn't be an issue.

No suggestion for alternate suppliers.

• Like 1

I never heard of Dream Vessels until an ad appeared on my Facebook feed.  My daughter LOVES anything rose gold so I ordered two designs to make candles for her for Christmas. They won't ship until around Oct 8.

I had a hard time choosing; they are all so lovely. They are too expensive for me to use for customers though. 

There was a 10% off code  on the Facebook ad: FLASHSALE10

I've bought from them and liked the vessels I received. I just went on a hiatus and haven't used them yet though but getting back into it. 

I will say that I am involved in packaging for the food industry in my day job and it is a complete nightmare right now. Packaging materials from overseas are getting stuck at the border longer than ever and even our domestic suppliers can't keep up with demand at all. This goes for glass, PET and paperboard/cardboard. It is especially hard for smaller scale companies like my  day job and also dream vessels. Hopefully people understand and don't come down too harshly on DV. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/10/2020 at 10:21 AM, ellajoan said:

I've also been looking into Dream Vessels.  KrisS, were they difficult to wick?  Were you happy with the quality?  Thinking of adding a more upscale line to our etsy shop.

I think it depends on the wax and wicks you're using. Some have issues. Others don't. It's like everything else in the candle world--test, test, retest.

On 9/13/2020 at 8:02 AM, Lana said:

I've bought from them and liked the vessels I received. I just went on a hiatus and haven't used them yet though but getting back into it. 

I will say that I am involved in packaging for the food industry in my day job and it is a complete nightmare right now. Packaging materials from overseas are getting stuck at the border longer than ever and even our domestic suppliers can't keep up with demand at all. This goes for glass, PET and paperboard/cardboard. It is especially hard for smaller scale companies like my  day job and also dream vessels. Hopefully people understand and don't come down too harshly on DV. 

My jars are currently in a storage bin with 95% of my property--yay, prepping the house for sale. Your comment about packaging is exactly why I made the statement I did about them. While I feel like they're seeing challenges simply as a small business, I feel like they're also seeing things held up in customs, which is completely outside their span of control. Until the import situation improves, I'm not willing to attribute stock and shipment dates to anything other than border delays.

I use many of their vessels. The quality is a few steps above the typical containers. Yes there is an ongoing stock issue but I’ve learned to adapt meaning I offer a wide variety of containers from more than one place. California candle supply, flaming candle, Aztec candle have also been struggling in keeping containers in stock. But it’s not an issue on their end. I’d say keep an open mind, have a few containers from different vendors so you don’t rely on just one jar. As far as wicking, they are like all containers, you have to test.🌸

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Speaking of DV, I have a four caseS of the fleur/pineapple containers and using coco apricot creme from WW - has anybody wicked that container? I only have 5 lbs of the coco apricot creme and probably won’t buy more because of the logistical nightmare of buying stuff from the states (I’m in Canada). Because it’s 3in at the top and about 1.5in at the bottom, I was thinking of starting with HTP 83. Do you think that would be too big? I’m going to use a longneck tab so there’s more wax left before the container gets too hot. Thoughts? Advise? Ty!

4 hours ago, candlecraftshop said:

Speaking of DV, I have a four caseS of the fleur/pineapple containers and using coco apricot creme from WW - has anybody wicked that container? I only have 5 lbs of the coco apricot creme and probably won’t buy more because of the logistical nightmare of buying stuff from the states (I’m in Canada). Because it’s 3in at the top and about 1.5in at the bottom, I was thinking of starting with HTP 83. Do you think that would be too big? I’m going to use a longneck tab so there’s more wax left before the container gets too hot. Thoughts? Advise? Ty!

Yeah if its a 3” diameter HTP-83 maybe even a 72 would be good. Ive only seen pictures of those it seems bigger that 3inches. Maybe because I’ve seen a lot of people double wick them? 

@jmspgh You lucked out with the lids being out of stock. The Nova jars are really nice but the lids OOF! I wouldn’t even call it a lid just a plastic disc that loosely sits on top. I gave them to someone for free who was looking for them.

Look at Sixteenseventeen.com for nice jars comparable to Dream Vessels maybe better. I have a ton of jars I got for a killer deal so I’m not looking but I like their look and if I was looking I would go there. They are Based out of San Francisco, CA owner is extremely nice, I think they offer free shipping over a certain amount too. 

7 hours ago, Marisa11 said:

@jmspgh Nova jars are really nice but the lids OOF! I wouldn’t even call it a lid just a plastic disc that loosely sits on top.

Look at Sixteenseventeen.com for nice jars comparable to Dream Vessels maybe better.

Actually on my last order I did get some of the nova lids and I was very very underwhelmed. I think the glass quality is great but the lids feel really cheap compared to the jars... Which is crazy because the lids are more expensive!! I knew they were going to be plastic based on the description but I was hoping for more based on the quality of the jars. I was going to try finding an alternate lid (metal? cork?) to use with the nova but haven't had a chance yet.

I have looked at sixteen seventeen but haven't ordered anything to try yet. From what I can remember they seemed a little more expensive than dream vessels which was already at the top of my container budget.

@jmspgh I agree they are pricey. I went and looked after I posted. But that is with the lids included.  They might have removed the free shipping over a certain amount too. So are you just testing in the Nova jars because I have testing notes on those. I have 2 more testers in Nova that are ready to start wick testing. 

19 hours ago, Marisa11 said:

Yeah if its a 3” diameter HTP-83 maybe even a 72 would be good. Ive only seen pictures of those it seems bigger that 3inches. Maybe because I’ve seen a lot of people double wick them? 

@jmspgh You lucked out with the lids being out of stock. The Nova jars are really nice but the lids OOF! I wouldn’t even call it a lid just a plastic disc that loosely sits on top. I gave them to someone for free who was looking for them.

Look at Sixteenseventeen.com for nice jars comparable to Dream Vessels maybe better. I have a ton of jars I got for a killer deal so I’m not looking but I like their look and if I was looking I would go there. They are Based out of San Francisco, CA owner is extremely nice, I think they offer free shipping over a certain amount too. 

Wow. A single 72? I poured a few last night and they turned out so pretty with the coco apricot creme that i dont want to test burn it😂😂😂

On 10/30/2020 at 7:42 PM, Marisa11 said:

@candlecraftshop yeah a 72 or 83 might work if your inner diameter is about 3” aren’t the pineapples kind of shallow? I’ve never seen one in person.  Are you adamant about just HTP? Paper core was awesome. 

Mostly because hemorrhaging money - I just want to make this work so I don’t have to buy yet another set of wicks 😂

these are the pineapples with htp 83 and coco apricot from WW. First burn x 4 hrs, and definitely tunnelled. HT nonexistent. 2nd burn today, starting to get HT, tunnel apparent but will wait and see if the flame catches up. Still wary about the diameter tapering from 3in to 1.5in at the bottom, so I will burn these puppies down to check before switching to 93. 

They’re so pretty though. Flame is so still, I love it! There is that infamous htp lean though, the burn is uneven. Wondering if I should take that into account when centering the wick?! 

CBC39C50-BD2C-4D91-8E74-F9B9DE5EB47A.jpeg

BB4876DC-C9DA-4CBE-9A7D-5E9B6899BE85.jpeg

404A53EB-0BE1-4EEA-A331-A2B34732B28C.jpeg

02721D26-6FFA-4CF7-AB11-90DA61A34BCF.jpeg

Yeah definitely wick up. I think because it’s so shallow too you aren’t going to get the same heat you would from a taller vessel once the wick is lower.  I used an HTP-72 the other night and it was too small but I can’t find my HTP-83 wicks. I’m usually good about putting them away in the right place and I don’t think I used them all. 

11 hours ago, Marisa11 said:

Yeah definitely wick up. I think because it’s so shallow too you aren’t going to get the same heat you would from a taller vessel once the wick is lower.  I used an HTP-72 the other night and it was too small but I can’t find my HTP-83 wicks. I’m usually good about putting them away in the right place and I don’t think I used them all. 

Here is the second burn, 5hrs, no wick trimming prior to starting the burn

pink has the biggest MP

blue is starting to catch up

white has the smallest MP and most tunnelling - i think it’s because I cut the wick too short to start

HT was bomb, but that’s cuz all 3 were lit😂

4A51E3B1-1692-41B3-8C3A-83230CC59B8B.jpeg

CED7089E-E78B-4B12-9694-6487A5E6049C.jpeg

9D60A539-5DF0-4F93-90DB-4BB208A492E4.jpeg

• 4 months later...

I am looking for some alternative lids for the nova jars. i like the jars but am not impressed with the lids (even tho they are more expensive than the jars themselves).  I think i found some corks that may work but was looking for a metal low profile lid as well.  any suggestions on where to look would be appreciated.