Rustic Essentials has been sold

scrubzz

Same here re the prices. I only use 2 FOs from them as I had to replace others due to their high shipping. But they have the best Lemon Verbena and Barbershop 1920's and they are best sellers for me. 

I will assume that any FOs WSP keeps will go up in price but if you buy the minimum dollar amount the shipping is free. Of course nothing is free and I believe the shipping is worked into the higher price of the product. But I still buy from WSP because when I compare the total cost of product plus shipping they often come out ahead of the competition and have more of the product I need. So if WSP ever closes I am in trouble!!!

• Like 2

I'm hoping the shipping becomes more reasonable.   I love their Lemon Verbena and Barbershop 1920's as well.   I also get lip balm flavors and tubes/caps from them.  They have great quality products, shipping is just too high in comparison to other suppliers. 

• Thanks 1

Sadly enough, I don't think this will work out for me.  I order a large quantity of oils from RE and even though the shipping is on the high side, their prices tend to be a fair amount lower per pound of fo than WSP so I expect a significant increase in price and I understand that because of the free shipping.  There are a couple of exceptions but overall I'd rather pay the $40 shipping than the probable $80-$100 difference in product cost for one of my orders.  For smaller orders, the free shipping would be a great deal. 

I knew when RE bought up so many of the wonderful small suppliers that went out of business around 2008, I'd be in trouble if they ever closed.  At the time I was just happy to be able to carry on with my best selling fo's.  At this point I can't pay any more for supplies and still do wholesale...guess I better get my big girl drawers on and think about retail because I've got a feeling a lot of things will be going up or impossible to get.  I already can't find the plastics I need....holding my breath on jars, lids, tins and lye...I've always wanted to make jewelry lol.

• Like 1

I love the lemon verbena too 😢

trying to pare down all I buy from different sources, but it leaves a big gap. Bad comes to worse, I guess we will have must have Scents made for us by the keg. Sigh. I don’t want to tie up $ flow.

The $ flow is a consideration...gone are the days I'll spend a ton of money trying find a match for something that has been discontinued.  With so many of the shops I sell to closed, never to open again, the bottom line is getting serious.  I had too many scents anyway...never thought that would be a good thing.

• Like 1