Making your own blend

Karen Ov

So I was just wondering if I mixed 464 and a paraffin together would it be firm enough to get out of molds or clamshell molds? I know i can experiment, but I don't want to order paraffin (shipping is so expensive) unless it might work. Thanks💐     

Karen of course it can work! Get a harder paraffin, and use with 464. You will have to work the percentages of each to get the scent throw but also the ease of opting out of container. There are many threads of combinations on craft server. Order some sample waxes and give it a go!

1 hour ago, NightLight said:

Karen of course it can work! Get a harder paraffin, and use with 464. You will have to work the percentages of each to get the scent throw but also the ease of opting out of container. There are many threads of combinations on craft server. Order some sample waxes and give it a go!

Thanks..I'm so unfamiliar with paraffin, how do I tell which ones are harder? Will it say it in the description?

17 hours ago, Karen Ov said:

Thanks..I'm so unfamiliar with paraffin, how do I tell which ones are harder? Will it say it in the description?

I would look for a pillar or tart blend.  Those types of blends are designed to shrink a little to remove from metal molds. 

464 has additives to prevent it from shrinking so it maintains good jar adhesion, which is important for their base customers.

5 hours ago, TallTayl said:

I would look for a pillar or tart blend.  Those types of blends are designed to shrink a little to remove from metal molds. 

464 has additives to prevent it from shrinking so it maintains good jar adhesion, which is important for their base customers.

I will give that a try..I have a lot of 464 so I might as well try to make tart wax because I don't think I'm  going to make candles with it anymore. I looked at the candles I made from 3 months ago and longer and I was very disappointed. They were dry looking, frosted and some had brown spots and these were the candles that came out just about perfect. My lovely soy has let me down I just have to admit it lol.. Thanks💐

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Karen Ov said:

I will give that a try..I have a lot of 464 so I might as well try to make tart wax because I don't think I'm  going to make candles with it anymore. I looked at the candles I made from 3 months ago and longer and I was very disappointed. They were dry looking, frosted and some had brown spots and these were the candles that came out just about perfect. My lovely soy has let me down I just have to admit it lol.. Thanks💐

You could order some 4625 and mix with it. Or maybe even get some tart wax from Flaming or Rustic. They have all paraffin and a para/soy blend that's granular. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...