Pumpkin spell check

Maid4u

I have poured candles many many years took time off and got back in it again. Well here I am back in it again. I have never given up my pouring just slowed my pours. Anyway I am at a smell block. Pumpkin I have tried many different ones and loved them all, but have you ever wondered what else is there or you missed out on something. So I’m asking what is your go to pumpkin? I just want to see if anyone has something new and fresh to bring to the table. 

Pumpkin Caramel Crunch from Candlescience is really good.  Also Pumpkin Cupcake and Pumpkin Sugared Donut from Fragrance Buddy.  My favorite coffee fragrance is Spiced Pumpkin Latte from Rustic Escentuals, but I really don't smell much pumpkin.

• Like 1

Pumpkin Pie-CS or BCN They both smell good but different

Pumpkin Pecan waffles-they all smell the same to me

Pumpkin sugared donut-Fragrance Buddy

Pumpkin Milkshake-FB

Pumpkin Pie Spice-Rustic Escentuals

Pumpkin Vanilla Marshmallow-FB or Aztec

Pumpkin Cheesecake-BCN or NG

Pumpkin Spiced Cheesecake-FB

Cinnamon Pumpkin Bread-FB

Pumpkin Bread-RE

Pumpkin Souflee-CS

Pumpkin Peanut Brittle-Love this one! FB

Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin-FB

Pumpkin Harvest -ICS

Be Thankful-ICS

Apple Pumpkin Butter-Flaming

Butternut Pumpkin-Lone Star

Whipped Pumpkin Pie-Candle Wic

Pumpkin Ginger Strusel- Candle Wic

Blueberry Pumpkin Patch-Aztec or JS

Pumpkin Spice-Aztec

As you can see I love pumpkin! I just poured Pumpkin Pie from BCN today and loved it! I also love the one from Candle Science but it's a sweeter scent to my nose so I'll keep both. 

• Like 3

Toasted Pumpkin Spice - CS
Pumpkin Souffle - CS
Pumpkin Caramel Crunch - TCS
Pumpkin Spice Latte - TFC

Pumpkin Cupcake - FB
Pumpkin Pecan Waffles - TCS or ICS

Vanilla Pumpkin Marshmallow - FB
Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream - ICS

Pumpkin Sugared Donuts - FB

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2020 at 3:28 PM, GailC said:

Pumpkin Caramel Crunch from Candlescience is really good.  Also Pumpkin Cupcake and Pumpkin Sugared Donut from Fragrance Buddy.  My favorite coffee fragrance is Spiced Pumpkin Latte from Rustic Escentuals, but I really don't smell much pumpkin.

Gail, I have in my cart Pumpkin Latte from RE but I really want to find that perfect coffee with pumpkin type blend. Would you recommend perhaps blending in a pumpkin spice or something sweeter like a Pumpkin Vanilla?

On 8/25/2020 at 7:57 PM, LivInTX said:

Gail, I have in my cart Pumpkin Latte from RE but I really want to find that perfect coffee with pumpkin type blend. Would you recommend perhaps blending in a pumpkin spice or something sweeter like a Pumpkin Vanilla?

If you want it to smell more pumpkiny, I'm sure either of those would work.  I have so many Pumpkin fragrances, I like this one for the coffee smell.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crafty1_AJ said:

Wow, @Belinda, that is quite the exhaustive list!  Color me impressed!  :D  

I have an obsessive streak! I get fixated on a certain things like FO, blue jeans, brown eye shadow, colonial decor and I have to find the "perfect" of every one of the things that I'm honed in on  and have to try them all LOL! My friends tease me about it all the time. I guess it's called OCD 🤣 I only wish it would help me get my house organized LOL!

• Haha 1

On 8/13/2020 at 10:08 PM, Belinda said:

Pumpkin Pie-CS or BCN They both smell good but different

Pumpkin Pecan waffles-they all smell the same to me

Pumpkin sugared donut-Fragrance Buddy

Pumpkin Milkshake-FB

Pumpkin Pie Spice-Rustic Escentuals

Pumpkin Vanilla Marshmallow-FB or Aztec

Pumpkin Cheesecake-BCN or NG

Pumpkin Spiced Cheesecake-FB

Cinnamon Pumpkin Bread-FB

Pumpkin Bread-RE

Pumpkin Souflee-CS

Pumpkin Peanut Brittle-Love this one! FB

Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin-FB

Pumpkin Harvest -ICS

Be Thankful-ICS

Apple Pumpkin Butter-Flaming

Butternut Pumpkin-Lone Star

Whipped Pumpkin Pie-Candle Wic

Pumpkin Ginger Strusel- Candle Wic

Blueberry Pumpkin Patch-Aztec or JS

Pumpkin Spice-Aztec

As you can see I love pumpkin! I just poured Pumpkin Pie from BCN today and loved it! I also love the one from Candle Science but it's a sweeter scent to my nose so I'll keep both. 

I think it would be safe to say you are the Queen of 🎃 

I love Pumpkin scents too! 

• 9 months later...
On 8/28/2020 at 9:01 PM, Daisymay66 said:

I think it would be safe to say you are the Queen of 🎃 

I love Pumpkin scents too! 

I know this is an old thread but I'm still on the hunt for any and all pumpkin scents! I'm anxiously waiting for Doug and Kenna from Midwest to release their new Fall scents! Can't wait!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Belinda said:

I know this is an old thread but I'm still on the hunt for any and all pumpkin scents! I'm anxiously waiting for Doug and Kenna from Midwest to release their new Fall scents! Can't wait!

To me Fillmore's Nutmeg & Ginger smells so much like some pumpkin scents I use. However, my go to pumpkin pie scents are still a combo I put together myself. I use Fillmore's Nutmeg & Ginger and just name it Autumn Splendor in the fall or Warm Winter Spice during the winter. It's like having a second pumpkin type scent in my line.

For soap I am always on the hunt for a skin safe pumpkin and typically end up blending one with a vanilla. Some say they are skin safe but I won't use it for soap unless they have the IFRA rating for soap at a minimum of 3% so I can at least blend it 50/50 with a good vanilla for pumpkin vanilla. Like I said, many claim their's is soap safe but either don't have the rating document to show or when they do its at a ridiculously low soap safe % that is too low to even bother using in soap.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Belinda said:

I'm still on the hunt for any and all pumpkin scents

I hear you.  I've found plenty of pumpkin scents that I like, but I keep buying more.  😆

These are my favorite pumpkin scents.  There's surprisingly little overlap with your list above from 2020.
Coconut Pumpkin Latte - Aztec (I don't get any "latte" from this, and it's just a touch of coconut)
Peaches & Pumpkin Patch - Aztec (heavy on the peach)
Vanilla Pumpkin Marshmallow - Aztec
Vanilla Pumpkin Pie - Aztec (probably my favorite basic pumpkin pie scent)
Pumpkin Caramel Crunch - CandleScience
Pumpkin Souffle - CandleScience (an all-time favorite of any scent)
Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream - Indiana Candle Supplies
Pumpkin Spice Latte - Indiana Candle Supplies (one of my favorite pumpkin scents AND one of my favorite coffee scents)
Zucchini Pumpkin Bread - Indiana Candle Supplies
Bourbon Pumpkin - Just Scent
Pumpkin Firewood - Just Scent
Pumpkin Pickin - Lone Star

and I saved the best for last:

Pumpkin Seeds & Oud - Lone Star (an all-time favorite of any scent.  I burn this year-round.  Not a traditional pumpkin pie or spice scent.  JS's Pumpkin and Oud is very similar.)

You mention Blueberry Pumpkin Patch in your post above.  I like Aztec's.  Is JS's version identical?  Sometimes Aztec's and JS's B&BW dupes are drastically different (looking at you, Cider Lane.)

On 6/20/2021 at 11:22 AM, BenderSF said:

I hear you.  I've found plenty of pumpkin scents that I like, but I keep buying more.  😆

These are my favorite pumpkin scents.  There's surprisingly little overlap with your list above from 2020.
Coconut Pumpkin Latte - Aztec (I don't get any "latte" from this, and it's just a touch of coconut)
Peaches & Pumpkin Patch - Aztec (heavy on the peach)
Vanilla Pumpkin Marshmallow - Aztec
Vanilla Pumpkin Pie - Aztec (probably my favorite basic pumpkin pie scent)
Pumpkin Caramel Crunch - CandleScience
Pumpkin Souffle - CandleScience (an all-time favorite of any scent)
Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream - Indiana Candle Supplies
Pumpkin Spice Latte - Indiana Candle Supplies (one of my favorite pumpkin scents AND one of my favorite coffee scents)
Zucchini Pumpkin Bread - Indiana Candle Supplies
Bourbon Pumpkin - Just Scent
Pumpkin Firewood - Just Scent
Pumpkin Pickin - Lone Star

and I saved the best for last:

Pumpkin Seeds & Oud - Lone Star (an all-time favorite of any scent.  I burn this year-round.  Not a traditional pumpkin pie or spice scent.  JS's Pumpkin and Oud is very similar.)

You mention Blueberry Pumpkin Patch in your post above.  I like Aztec's.  Is JS's version identical?  Sometimes Aztec's and JS's B&BW dupes are drastically different (looking at you, Cider Lane.)

I haven't tried pumpkin seed and Out but that sounds interesting. I use some LS oils so the next time I order I'll have to try this one.

So JS cider lane and Aztec's smell different? I've only used the one from Aztec. Which one is best?

1 hour ago, Belinda said:

So JS cider lane and Aztec's smell different? I've only used the one from Aztec. Which one is best?

JS's is a really accurate dupe of the B&BW, which is more of a caramel apple to me than a cider.  The apple note is genuine, and the caramel comes through without being overpowering.  To my nose, it's really similar to CS's Candied Apple (which was a surprise to me, because at least where I grew up, candied apples are different from caramel apples.)

Aztec's title and photo say it's a dupe, but it's really different.  Reminds me of a Hallmark store in the autumn when I was growing up, kind of an apple-y/cinnamon-y/spice-y/autumn-y mix.  I do like it, but when I'm in a caramel apple mood, I turn to the JS.

Edited by BenderSF
fix typo
  • Like 1

On 6/21/2021 at 5:01 PM, BenderSF said:

JS's is a really accurate dupe of the B&BW, which is more of a caramel apple to me than a cider.  The apple note is genuine, and the caramel comes through without being overpowering.  To my nose, it's really similar to CS's Candied Apple (which was a surprise to me, because at least where I grew up, candied apples are different from caramel apples.)

Aztec's title and photo say it's a dupe, but it's really different.  Reminds me of a Hallmark store in the autumn when I was growing up, kind of an apple-y/cinnamon-y/spice-y/autumn-y mix.  I do like it, but when I'm in a caramel apple mood, I turn to the JS.

I'll have to check it out! I like the one from Aztec but I've never smelled the one from B&BW's so I didn't know if it was a good dupe or not. Thanks!

• 2 years later...

Reviving this thread.

Anyone found any new pumpkin or Fall scents they'd like to share? I just placed an order from FB and got one of their new ones for Fall.

I also love Harvest Pumpkin from Cierra

I have her Spiced Pumpkin and Oat Milk and it smells good OOB but haven't put it in wax yet.

Toasted pumpkin spice from Midwest is good as well as their pumpkin souffle and pumpkin caramel crunch.

Wellington has a good one, Spiced Pumpkin and I also got some pumpkin pie paradise from them which is a dupe. I haven't put that one in wax yet but Spiced Pumpkin (which is a Yankee dupe) is good.

Probably my favorite scent of the last two autumns has been Pumpkin Peanut Brittle.  I've tried FB, Community and Aztec.  They're all really similar and all excellent.  A really nice, warm scent, not sweet, a little salty.  Very cozy.  (edit: oops, I see from your post in 2020 that you're already a fan of this one.)

I'm burning Northwoods' Pumpkin & Suede right now for the first time.  It's really nice.  Very similar to JS Pumpkin Firewood, but a little richer.

Wellington has a good one, Spiced Pumpkin and I also got some pumpkin pie paradise from them

Have you tried their "Pumpkin"?  I recently got some, and I think I like it, but I'm still testing it.  Not sure it really smells like pumpkin, but it's one of the few I've found that doesn't have a ton of spice.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2023 at 11:27 PM, BenderSF said:

Probably my favorite scent of the last two autumns has been Pumpkin Peanut Brittle.  I've tried FB, Community and Aztec.  They're all really similar and all excellent.  A really nice, warm scent, not sweet, a little salty.  Very cozy.  (edit: oops, I see from your post in 2020 that you're already a fan of this one.)

I'm burning Northwoods' Pumpkin & Suede right now for the first time.  It's really nice.  Very similar to JS Pumpkin Firewood, but a little richer.

Have you tried their "Pumpkin"?  I recently got some, and I think I like it, but I'm still testing it.  Not sure it really smells like pumpkin, but it's one of the few I've found that doesn't have a ton of spice.

I haven't tried that one. Does it smell more like pumpkin pie?

On 9/4/2023 at 11:27 PM, BenderSF said:

53 minutes ago, Belinda said:

I haven't tried that one. Does it smell more like pumpkin pie?

No, it's more of a straight pumpkin without any spice or added notes.  Maybe smells like pumpkin pie filling before you add the spices.  The site describes it as "The robust, creamy spice of pumpkin conjures images of hay rides through a pumpkin patch."  I'm still testing it, still undecided how much I like it.

• Like 1

I don't understand people that don't like foodie smells LOL! They're my favorite!

Funny enough, I was one of those people when I started!  Could not fathom why people would want a candle that smelled like food.  But it wasn't long before I stumbled across some that I liked, and then it clicked for me.  Now the vast majority of my favorites are food/bakery scents. 😆

• Haha 1