Fizzy Bath Salts with milk powder?

Candybee

My next project is a line of fizzy bath salts. I've been getting requests for bath bombs and fizzy baths so decided on making fizzy bath with sea salts and or epsom/dentritic or a mix of one or more. I want to make several but only one that will be a milk bath.

I am just not quite sure if I can add powdered milk to fizzy bath salts so looking for some suggestions. I am leaning towards powdered coconut milk but also need suggestions on which powders make the best milk bath.

I am also wondering how much powdered milk is necessary to produce a nice milk bath? and will it replace some of the baking soda/citric acid/salts and end up making the fizzy bath salts less fizzy? 

There are many milk powder bath salts. You do want to play with proportion and packaging as they can get clumpy from moisture.Also you want to see how they would age, if there are any other additive and ingredients you want to ,ale sure they do t go bad or change color.

Experiment! Get your basic formula down then change percentage to add milk powders and fragrance. Be aware if you use a fragrance with vanillin you’re mix will not age well in color! Your lovely white color with turn tan or darker.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NightLight said:

There are many milk powder bath salts. You do want to play with proportion and packaging as they can get clumpy from moisture.Also you want to see how they would age, if there are any other additive and ingredients you want to ,ale sure they do t go bad or change color.

Experiment! Get your basic formula down then change percentage to add milk powders and fragrance. Be aware if you use a fragrance with vanillin you’re mix will not age well in color! Your lovely white color with turn tan or darker.

Thanks for the advice. Wasn't sure I could do a fizzy salts milk bath. It may yet not turn out the way I want but I can try. I will watch out for any vanillin but what I had in mind for the milk bath one was lavender and rose geranium EOs.

17 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Lavender and some salts react badly (rotten egg to fart  smell).

the bath bomb groups often used powdered coconut milk if I remember right as It was most bubbly.

Do you remember which salts reacted to the lavender? were they sea salts? epsom salts? dentritic salts? table salts? and was it the EO or a FO? I seem to recall years ago I bought some salts and mixed it with a lavender flowers FO and it was wonderful but that was years ago and I don't remember which salt but the FO was from Tradewinds. FOs have definitely changed since TW so anything I use in a fizzy bath salt formula would be new to me anyway.

Edited by Candybee

The EO can certainly react as well as FO with any of the EO components. 
try a drop with each of your salts and see if it reacts. I remember one I made, no notes to refer to, that smelled bad after a while. Opened the jar and was pretty disappointed With my initial lavender triumph.

• Like 1