Wick size and different waxes

I’ve been using soy 464 with CD wicks ranging from CD 8 to CD 12 the best hot throw I’ve ever gotten was from using an RRD 40 wick. A lot of suppliers say to go bar the diameter of the container however candle science goes by not only the diameter of the container but also the wax why is this? Recommending CD eights for soy wax for specific container but recommending eco 2 in 6006 wax with the same container. Since recently testing with 6006 I have found it gives off a better hot throw it did awesome with an RRD 40 it also did well with eco-six this is in 12 ounce canning jar from candle science. I’m just really trying to learn the differences in the wick size versus the wax even though is the same diameter of the jar does anyone have a preference CD or eco or RRD? If I went by the diameter size alone I would be using a CD 12 and the 12 ounce canning jar but for whatever reason candle scent says use an echo for for that one but what I’m finding echo in CD or equivalent in their sizing. Help. 

Different waxes require different wicks. You can look at the wax and wick tests on this forum. Candlemaking no one size fits all here. You have to test above then in combination with fragrance which has its own set of issues. Different fragrances you might have to wick up or down, or change wicks with he wax you’re working with. Most of those charts are just starting points and some are solely for paraffin wax or soy wax if indicated, now that’s rather vague! There are many kinds of paraffin, and soy waxes, and also parasoy wax!

If you can swing it, get sample packs of different wick types and do so burn tests.