Hello from Iran and middle east

Hello dears I am a chemist who works in Iran as a formulator for detergent industries. However nowadays I am interested in candle making. I want to lunch my own business. I found there are many things that I have to learn in this field. Waxes, wickes, fragrances, colors, jars.....have many things to learn for me. In Iran there is a sunction that prevents us using some famous waxes and wickes that consumes in the world. There are many kinds of petroleum waxes also soya and coconut and bee here that I can use for candle making but they are in pure from and do not contain additives which improvement candles behavior. Additives like some emulsifiers which enhance fragrances load capacity of waxes. I have to find these additives and use in my candles.

• Like 1

Welcome!

Making your own may be easier than you think.  I would start with single wax, like beeswax or soya, and learn it inside and out.  You can make a truly fine container candle with plain soy wax with no additives! Pillar candles of beeswax are also divine.

looking forward to seeing wha you learn.