Flame Flicker

Hi!

I've been testing and testing wicks for my 8oz and 16oz soy candle jars and have been obsessing over the flame flicker, although none have been too aggressive. I can't find a straight answer anywhere online (especially since candle making is so individual to each person), but was wondering, do you find the flame has a tendency to flicker more when it is halfway down the container? Should it be consistent all the way down? Some readings I've come across say the added trapped air flow can cause this to happen, and of course I will test the flame all the way down but is this a common occurrence? 

• 5 months later...

Revisiting this here - does different flicker have different meaning? If it’s more of like a pulse rather than “dancing” does that point to something different? I’m noticing some candles do this on some burns while other burns are ok. I have a 16oz freedom soy wax candle with 8.5% fragrance load and the first 2 burns were ok , flickering between 2-3 hours and now on the 3rd burn is flickering in under 1 with way less moments of a steady flame. 
Would a lower fragrance load maybe help for a more steady flame? I’ve made some that are curing because figured it wouldn’t hurt but there is no soot or mushrooming really even at the 3 hour mark so really don’t know if it’s something I’m being too particular on.