Wax melts.. using gulf wax

Okay so I want to make some wax tarts I have some fragrances already and I've made a few however I want to use gulf wax right now and I don't know what the fragrance throw is.... I can smell my waxes and this type of wax specifically seems to be going very well. It has not been messy which I'm very satisfied about. So I've been heating 4 oz at a time until the wax is completely melted and then I wait until the temperature is around 182-185 degrees Fahrenheit then I put fragrance oil in it but I have been doing round about 6% and I don't know if this is too high and also I was wondering what I should be doing concerning the cure time or if there should even be a cure time? Any tips would help. 

I’m not sure what type of wax that is, so I would guesstimate the Max FO to be in the 5-6% range. You’ll need to run some tests of fragrance with different specific gravity to see how much leeway there is. (Not all fragrances and essential oils weigh the same by volume). 
I wouldn’t think as a melt it would need curing time at all. Waiting 24-48 hours before packaging may help eliminate smearing.

Gulf wax is paraffin wax used in canning for on top of jams and jellies many many moons ago.   I can't help on the tart issue as I don't make candles/tarts.   I do however can and I remember my mom and grandmother putting wax on top of their jams and jellies before putting them in the canner. 

29 minutes ago, Shari said:

Gulf wax is paraffin wax used in canning for on top of jams and jellies many many moons ago.   I can't help on the tart issue as I don't make candles/tarts.   I do however can and I remember my mom and grandmother putting wax on top of their jams and jellies before putting them in the canner. 

I remember pulling the wax of memere’s jams. It was a treat to get to lick the wax disc. 🥰❤️

not sure what the wax blend is, since it does not seem to shrink.  It could be a formula that varies given market conditions.  Who knows. At $3 per lb, it is more spendy than other candle and tart waxes.

• Like 1