Bittercreek

sandy511

Has anyone tried any of their new 2020 FO’s? Specifically Gooseberry Gardens or River Birch? They all sound intriguing. Has anyone ever used their Raspberry Blitz before? I can’t seem to find a raspberry that makes me happy. Would anyone mind sharing a list of your BCN favorites? 

I tried Gooseberry Gardens in palm wax and it was not too bad.  It filled up my medium size bedroom but I don't think it would fill up a larger space.  It smells just like the name says....a berry scent.  I got a sniffie of the River Birch and it smells good OOB but have not put it in wax yet.  

I never tried the Raspberry Blitz.  

• 6 months later...
On 1/17/2021 at 7:39 PM, Soy-N-Suds said:

I'm late to the party, but I tried all of them in EZ Parasoy.

They performed very well for HT and CT.

CD wicks, 8% FO, Diamond Chip Colors, and Pint Jar. 

I buy at least 50% of my fragrances from BCN. 

Would you mind sharing some of your favorites?

Bayberry, Black Cherry, Blueberry, Cappuccino, Cinnamon Bun, Cotton Candy, Cranberry, English Toffee, Gingerbread, Guava Fig, Hot Apple Pie, Lily of the Valley, Mulberry, Oatmeal Milk Honey, Olive Blossom, Pikake, Plumeria, Rattlesnake Grass, Sea Breeze, Spiced Cider, Sugar Cookie, my list is getting long 🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soy-N-Suds said:

Bayberry, Black Cherry, Blueberry, Cappuccino, Cinnamon Bun, Cotton Candy, Cranberry, English Toffee, Gingerbread, Guava Fig, Hot Apple Pie, Lily of the Valley, Mulberry, Oatmeal Milk Honey, Olive Blossom, Pikake, Plumeria, Rattlesnake Grass, Sea Breeze, Spiced Cider, Sugar Cookie, my list is getting long 🙂 

Isn't Rattlesnake grass from Candle Wic? Unless Bittercreek has one too. I only have a few of their oils.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Belinda said:

Isn't Rattlesnake grass from Candle Wic? Unless Bittercreek has one too. I only have a few of their oils.

I don’t have many from them either and i thought that was CW also. I’d like to try some more from BCN so thank you for sharing Soy-N-Suds!

On 1/21/2021 at 11:26 PM, Belinda said:

Yes, it is CandleWic. I though it was BC reading off my fragrance list online. That's what happens when you have too many oils 🤦‍♀️

• Haha 2

On 1/20/2021 at 7:05 AM, Daisymay66 said:

Would you mind sharing some of your favorites?

I love their Wick Your Wax fragrances. Too bad there have been manufacturing changes to those scents over the years.

WYW was a Canadian company back in the early 2000s. They had THE most awesome fragrances (for that time) that money could buy. Still pretty nice.

36 minutes ago, KrisS said:

I love their Wick Your Wax fragrances. 

I just ordered chip colors from them after reading their news letter. I see in the letter the WYW scents are $3 off/lb

get a coupon code from the newsletter through January 31.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Soy-N-Suds said:

I just ordered chip colors from them after reading their news letter. I see in the letter the WYW scents are $3 off/lb

get a coupon code from the newsletter through January 31.

Thank you for the heads up.  Appreciate it. :)

On 1/28/2021 at 12:26 AM, Daisymay66 said:

I’d love to hear your thoughts after testing! Cinnamon scents always seem to give me a problem with wicking.

I'll test burn a couple candles next week, but in the mean time I made some melts.

IMG_6189.JPG

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/23/2021 at 11:56 AM, Belinda said:

@Soy-N-Suds, those look so nice! What wax do you use for your melts? I'm always looking for a good cinnamon too so I may have to try theirs.

I make a proprietary blend with mostly paraffin and a little soy. I ended up selling out of my oil selling the embeds, so the two test candles I made were my only candles. I use Midwest soy and htp or lx wicks, depending on the fragrance oil. Love everything about this as far as Scent throw and burn quality. I'll be getting more of this oil for candle jars when I have a big enough order tomsend in.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/28/2021 at 7:09 AM, KrisS said:

I love their Wick Your Wax fragrances. Too bad there have been manufacturing changes to those scents over the years.

WYW was a Canadian company back in the early 2000s. They had THE most awesome fragrances (for that time) that money could buy. Still pretty nice.

Have the WYW oils really changed?  I just bought a coupe believing they were the same oils as always since I haven't read anywhere that they have been changed in any way.  Crap.  Thats a lot of wasted money if they aren't the same.  I am pouring today so will see what happens when I test burn.  

• 4 months later...
On 6/17/2021 at 4:38 PM, so-soy said:

Have the WYW oils really changed?  I just bought a coupe believing they were the same oils as always since I haven't read anywhere that they have been changed in any way.  Crap.  Thats a lot of wasted money if they aren't the same.  I am pouring today so will see what happens when I test burn.  

Gingerbread smells lighter than it used to be. There are also a few of them that are being sold as duplications instead of the original version.