Help with my HT please!

Hear me out. Im so stressed out and tempted to throw in the towel (but I won’t) First pic 464...I’ve only been using 464.. I’ve heated to 185, poured in FO at 6,8, & 10% stir slowly 2 mins. I’ve poured at various temps...I’ve also recently mixed at 120 degrees and poured after stirring. I CAN NOT GET A DECENT HOT THROW. However cold throw is awesome. I’ve tested wicks (also why there’s no wicks in these pics so I can do that testing method Jeff Standley has shown us) I’ve tried eco 10, CD 8,10,12 and today I’m about to try the RRD 37. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. However my soy wax melts are super successful! Please give me tips and guidance for those of you are having great success with your candles hot throw. Thanks soo much.however my candles on a candle warmer are pretty on point once it all liquifies. But not everyone has a candle warmer.

soycandle.jpg

1 hour ago, Hometown Handmades said:

Hear me out. Im so stressed out and tempted to throw in the towel (but I won’t) First pic 464...I’ve only been using 464.. I’ve heated to 185, poured in FO at 6,8, & 10% stir slowly 2 mins. I’ve poured at various temps...I’ve also recently mixed at 120 degrees and poured after stirring. I CAN NOT GET A DECENT HOT THROW. However cold throw is awesome. I’ve tested wicks (also why there’s no wicks in these pics so I can do that testing method Jeff Standley has shown us) I’ve tried eco 10, CD 8,10,12 and today I’m about to try the RRD 37. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. However my soy wax melts are super successful! Please give me tips and guidance for those of you are having great success with your candles hot throw. Thanks soo much.however my candles on a candle warmer are pretty on point once it all liquifies. But not everyone has a candle warmer.

soycandle.jpg

Hi...soy is very hard to scent ..and should be cured for 2 weeks before testing. I only use soy for candles and the scents I really like  but are not strong in  a candle i will use to make melts, using a blend wax

Curing is important as noted above.

next, wick choice.  Soy wax has a narrow “sweet spot” of fab HT  with a given fragrance and container combo. Every “sweet spot” is different.  If the same wax combo Is strong in a melt, then you need to keep trying wicks to find that right combo. Could be you need to venture into wood, cottonwood, ribbon, etc. sometimes, despite our best efforts, that FO and Wax just won’t cut it so we move on to others. 

464 used to be a super easy wax to start with.  While it looks pretty, and can hold a lot of fragrance, it just is not stellar as a candle wax any more. Neither is 444 or 415, all of which I used successfully early on. The problem goes back several years, with threads on this board that revealed the extent of the problems as other chandlers businesses were devastated at the same time. 

you are doing the right thing testing wicks.  Keep going.  Just understand that soy wax will continue to change in a candle for weeks, if not months. Your perfect wick in a fresh candle may not cut it in a couple of months time. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Karen Ov said:

Hi...soy is very hard to scent ..and should be cured for 2 weeks before testing. I only use soy for candles and the scents I really like  but are not strong in  a candle i will use to make melts, using a blend wax

Yeah, I cure them, mostly i'll go 3 weeks, but have gone nearly 2 months before I test. whats your favorite blend and where do you get it? and do blends need to cure?

20 hours ago, Hometown Handmades said:

Yeah, I cure them, mostly i'll go 3 weeks, but have gone nearly 2 months before I test. whats your favorite blend and where do you get it? and do blends need to cure?

I get my tart and melts wax from flamming candle its problend 650..and im pretty sure it has to cure also