Bath powder preservative?

Candybee

Just made up a small batch. This one flowed like water when I was mixing it. So pretty and white. Letting it sit overnight to see if it clumps. But so far I am loving the texture and flow of this newest batch. Hoping this one is the one!

Edited by Candybee

Here is the latest. I went to bottle some of the powder and it had caked. So I sifted it and got out all the lumps which were very few and small but still there. The mixture was also much less airborne and very dense and heavy as I sifted it and stirred it. It definitely had lost the great flow like water property it had the day I first made it.

Put in the powder container with the sprinkle top it clogged the little holes each time I tried to shake some out. Sigh...

So I decided to give in and ordered the magnesium stearate. It should arrive on Tuesday so will have to wait til then to try it out. It is an anti-caking agent that is cosmetic grade. It should also give my powder more glide and flow. It will also make me extra careful when using it as you should not breathe it in. I will of course be wearing my respirator but I have noticed the powder scent seems to linger in the air for hours when making it. I have to open the window to allow the dust to exit. Next time I make it I will also be using a fan as well as have an open window for ventilation. 

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1