Wax Melts won’t work in electric burners!

poptopt1

Hi there, 

I recently started making wax melts and I have went through pages and pages of FAQ’s and forums and I can’t find anything! 

I use KeraSoy Pillar wax (CB-135) and I’ve found nothing but good reviews on it. I use wax colouring chips from amazon, and Pure Scented fragrance oils. 

The wax melts are turning out great, I use between 8-10% fragrance oil and they’re super strong smelling and I’m really happy with the scent throw. They melt down ok in my traditional ‘tea light’ type burner, but when I try to use them in an electric burner they go sludge-y, don’t melt down properly and look awful. They still smell fine but it’s really not nice to look at and even if I mix it in the warmers dish, it still doesn’t fully melt down to a liquid as it should. 

just looking to see if anyone else has had this issue before I go buying heaps of new stuff. Could I be the wax? Or the fragrance oils? Could it be that they’re not compatible together? Why does it seem to work in a traditional burner but not an electric one? HELP! 

Where did you buy this wax from?  I don't think there is such wax.  KeraSoy's only pillar wax is 4120. 

CB-135 should be EcoSoya CB-135 by NGI, which had been discontinued some years ago, and  NGI EcoSoya company closed down last year.  And also, CB-135 is a container wax good to use as massage candle.  Kerax/KeraSoy bought EcoSoya brand this year, and they are planning to manufacture EcoSoya brand in UK sometime this year.  However, I don't think they are planning to make CB-135 again.

Most soy waxes' recommended shelf life is 1 year even though it still can be used after more than a year in good storage.

As for your problem, I am suspecting that your electric buner's wattage isn't strong/hot enough.

Edited by BusyBee
  • Like 1

If you have a point and shoot infrared thermometer take a reading of the electric warmer and the tea lite warmer and compare. Could be that particular electric warmer just does not get hot enough for that particular wax blend. I bought several of this type of inexpensive IR thermometer from amazon and can’t imagine not having them now. I use them for everything from candle making to bread to sauce,etc. 

266435F3-F7BA-4810-AE8B-A09DBE0DFEF5.jpeg

as for tea lite warmers, there’s no consistency there either. some tea lite warmers have bowls with the flame quite close to the bowl. Some are further away.  Some tea lites burn very hot, while others burn quite cool. All of this changes how the wax melt performs. 

it’s never easy, is it?

• Like 1