Best supplier for someone starting out

jmspgh

I realize that this is probably a loaded question but...if you were to recommended to someone starting out making candles one place to get a handful of fragrance oils from where would it be? I want to try a bunch of different scents but don't want to be ordering from multiple places to start. I am located in Pennsylvania if that factors into the decision.

Also...any particular scents that you think would be good to start with? I am open to pretty much anything.

Thank you in advance 😊

On 6/2/2020 at 8:53 PM, jmspgh said:

I realize that this is probably a loaded question but...if you were to recommended to someone starting out making candles one place to get a handful of fragrance oils from where would it be? I want to try a bunch of different scents but don't want to be ordering from multiple places to start. I am located in Pennsylvania if that factors into the decision.

Also...any particular scents that you think would be good to start with? I am open to pretty much anything.

Thank you in advance 😊

Keystone candles supplies and Candlewic are both in Pennsylvania. Keystone candle supplies has free shipping when you spend $49 or more.

Keystone has amazing Peak fragrances. Candlewick has a bunch of great fragrances and two that I really love are baking cupcakes and Jack Frost. Hopefully you might be close to both of those or one of those places. 

On 6/2/2020 at 9:53 PM, jmspgh said:

Thank you in advance 😊

Hi @jmspgh. FYI, here's the link to the list of suppliers by state so you could possibly visit some locally and/or avoid high shipping costs. You will find several candle making suppliers on the list under Pennsylvania. Candles and Supplies is one of my favorite fragrance suppliers, I love a lot of their fragrances. https://www.candlesandsupplies.net/Fragrance-Oils

Edited by Laura C
  • Like 1

@jmspgh, welcome to your new addiction! LOL!

All of the above are great places to get supplies. I think I would order a kit and go from there. Lone Star also offers kits.

If you're looking for a particular scent such as sugar cookie for instance, you can always ask on here and we can give our opinions on which are the best ones we've tried. Or where you can find good pumpkin scents and so on. Don't hesitate to ask for help!

Thank you! I bought the five for five from Aztec and a sample pack from the flaming candle to start. I had to limit myself to that. The crazy thing is that the locations closer to me have been more expensive for shipping than ones many states away. I am pretty close to Ohio too so will check there.