Shaving soap

Barbara AL

...and when can I expect to receive my test sample????  I've been making hubbies shave cream with CP rebatch for the past several years but considering the quality of your soaps, I'm anxious to try a product from a professional soap maker....you have my address....lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shari said:

Handmade shaving soap is the best.  I have been making it for years now.  I formulated it by reading Badger & Blade and on another forum that had some awesome wet shavers.

Ha! I did the same thing... felt like a secret agent infiltrating the target market to learn what they REALLY like. More important was learning what they definitely do NOT like:  No clay. No olive oil. The list goes on haha. 

• Like 2

Absolutely felt like a covert spy over there.  They certainly know what they like and don't like.   Yes, no clay, no olive.   I need to make some.  It's been awhile. 

Edited by Shari

I did the same, read and read and read badger and blade forum and others. Been making and selling shaving soap for at least 10 years now. For the last year or two I have been reformulating my recipe to make a 'gel' type shaving soap. It took a while to get it right. You still work it the same as a shaving puck (soap) using a shaving brush to work up the lather its just that it comes in gel form now so I can package it in a container. I've been wanting to make my shaving soap into a shaving gel for years so I am much happier now. Besides, the packaging looks ever so much nicer. At least I think it does. More upscale and classy.

• Like 2

On 5/30/2020 at 7:43 AM, sarahmarah said:

That lather looks so decadent!

Looks like you totally nailed it 😊

The lather is as decadent as it looks....received a jar today and hubby is as happy as a kid at Xmas.

On 6/9/2020 at 3:54 AM, Shari said:

I use mine to shave my legs.  It's all good. 

shaving my legs is on my list of things to try........Ya know, it's just plain FUN to use soaps made by a CS member...and I can always count on Barb's soaps to be top notch😄

• Like 1