Determining the non-comdegenic rate for your product

Candybee

Was just thinking about this and wondering if you can. If so, how would you go about it? List all the ratings for each ingredient and divide by the number of ingredients? I'm thinking more along the lines of leave-on type products and just got to wondering if you could approximate or determine the exact non-comodegenic rating for that product? I'm thinking now this is a stupid quest but I am curious.

I wouldn’t think of it as an average of ingredients, or even of proportions of ingredients.  You really can’t account for the combined effect of ingredients. Does 1+1=2 or do they have a logarithmic effect?

• Like 1

If you mean 2 ingredients with a rating of 1 wouldn't that come out as a rating of 1 for the product? But I think the amount of each and in combination of ingredients I don't have ratings for would just complicate it too much. Still.... it would be nice if you could get an approximate rating for a leave on product.