Priority Mail Cubic

karinz40

I use USPS.com,  GoShippo, and Endicia (which are pretty much the same as PirateShip, etc.) Etsy shipping is related to these also. Cubic is a marketing term I think for what we have used all along: Size and weight calculations.

All ask you to enter the box dimensions and weight and provide you with all the different options so you can pick the best rate. Often Regional Rate boxes are the most flexible and economical for me, especially since the boxes are provide at no charge from the USPS. The rates increase the further you ship the package within the US.  for instance, I can ship 20+ bars of soap for $7.50 using regional rate A within my zone. The same box may cost up to $11 to ship to Alaska. That same package may be $15+ using just size and weight "Cubic" calculations.

Basically, figure out the size of your packaged candle, accounting for the padding needed to keep it safe, then plug in those numbers into USPS.com click and ship, or whatever shipper you choose. Play around with different products to get the hang of how it is all calculated online. 

• 1 month later...

I love those free USPS cube boxes (posted above)....there are the only usps boxes I use. The other free boxes are a waste of money (you'll waste money on shipping)

It's best to go to ULine and get custom size boxes to take advantage of cubic mail rates

• Like 1