CD 14 and CD 16 Flame going out

1 hour ago, karinz40 said:

I amalso using the 8 oz tins..

I looked at the 4627 for HT but either it was out of stock or to expensive.  mainly the mone part.

Yeah, I don't get why people think Paraffin blends are cheap?  It's always seems at least 50% more than my soy, especially when paraffin is packaged in 60 lb boxes which incur extra freight penalties. All waxes are good and bad.  Pick your poison and drink it up with a smile, right?

On 5/20/2020 at 2:40 PM, karinz40 said:

How didi you re open claim online?My CD 10 is sooting in the 8 oz tin.  Is sooting normal;?

Here is something I learned from listening to TallTayl (TT) watch your flame, it will tell you if your candle is over wicked. Look at your candle an hour after you light it, the flame shouldn't be too tall, flickering, or sooting. If it is you probably need to wick down. The best advice I can give you is pay attention to TT, if it weren't for her I would have given up candle making a long time ago; I not sure if I should be grateful or angry about that, but there it is. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Forrest said:

Here is something I learned from listening to TallTayl (TT) watch your flame, it will tell you if your candle is over wicked. Look at your candle an hour after you light it, the flame shouldn't be too tall, flickering, or sooting. If it is you probably need to wick down. The best advice I can give you is pay attention to TT, if it weren't for her I would have given up candle making a long time ago; I not sure if I should be grateful or angry about that, but there it is. 

❤️ Thank you for the kind words. They were typed at exactly the right time to pick my candle spirits up and make this day wonderful. 

the last line, well, lolol I choose grateful hahahaha 

• Like 1

I for one am grateful.!!!

I have learned sooooo much from both of your posts.

Otherwise I would have given up and just stayed with making melts.

Now I have  something to look forward to each day.