What’s up with this?

A couple of years ago I gave my daughter a candle in an 11oz tureen made with 6006 wax and 7% White Tea and Ginger FO. I had inked the container so she used it as a decoration and didn’t burn it. Every time I have been to her house I have opened the lid and smelled it. The CT was very strong. This trip, when I opened the lid the candle was sweating FO. I checked another one I had made at the same time for my granddaughter and it was doing the same thing. They haven’t gotten too hot or cold. Has anybody seen this before?

If a couple years ago, you’re a better chandler now so

1. You didn’t add fo at 180 degrees

2. You didn’t stir fragrance long enough into base

3. The batch of wax was a stinker.

4. That FO doesn’t work with that wax at 8 per cent. I have found certain fragrances just are impossible to work with for some projects.

I had a cucumber one that even with different suppliers I could not get into glycerin soap base. Just would not incorporate.

Solvents, fragrance chems whatever problematic.  I would take that fragrance, make it again and let it sit and see if it happens again.

Make another candle change fo and let that sit with the problem fragrance candle.

5. 8 per cent for some candles is just too much for base wax.

• Like 1

Add to what @NightLight said... A couple of years ago is a long time. Even candles have expiration dates. I liken it to leaving food in the freezer. Over time, it's going to get frostbite from back and forth changes to the environment, even seemingly subtle changes. I personally don't place expectations on candle performance after a year.

• Like 1

Yes, I have a shelf full of some very old candles, testers, etc.
I have also seen some seepage in my 6006 candles after a really long time.  When I wipe off the excess and burn them, they still perform well and they throw great.  I always heat my wax hot enough, and I don't use more than 6% FO.  I don't know why after a long time certain ones will seep, but I don't think it's anything worth worrying about.  I don't.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bfroberts said:

Yes, I have a shelf full of some very old candles, testers, etc.
I have also seen some seepage in my 6006 candles after a really long time.  When I wipe off the excess and burn them, they still perform well and they throw great.  I always heat my wax hot enough, and I don't use more than 6% FO.  I don't know why after a long time certain ones will seep, but I don't think it's anything worth worrying about.  I don't.

Well, if it happens to you also then I feel sure it isn't something I did wrong.