Probably some dumb questions, but......

jsull918

Why are we not suppose to put a wax pouring pitcher in the dishwasher? Is it due to it possibly rusting? Or health concerns? Also same for other things used such as, silicone funnel I use for pouring my air freshener mix into bottles, and for the stirrer I use for the wax/fo when I'm making candles, it's like a metal cake icing spreader that I use, "they" say not to re use for food purposes, maybe I'm just dumb, but Idk what it would hurt if you're cleaning and and then put in the dishwasher. I can't seem to "clean" it and get FO smells off of it with just alcohol, and soap and water in the sink.  

Anything with wax residue slowly builds inside your plumbing. it also coats items in your dishwasher and the dishwasher itself. If you are on septic, the waxes and oils washed down the drain that manage to not coat the pipes will form a giant wax berg that septic cleaners scold you for. It can cause a nice plumbing back up into your house.

anything for fragrance can also hang around inside your dishwasher making dishes washed later taste funny. If the fragrance is not safe for consumption (GRAS-Generally Regarded as Safe) you could also ingest poisons..  Whenever possible it is best to keep candle and edible stuff totally separate. 

ammonia can clean oils and waxes - often Bette Rohan alcohol.  I. The end, the tiny bit left on the utensils won’t (shouldn’t) mess up future candles too badly. I heat gun everything and wipe with loads of paper towels. Color can bleed into a future batch if not totally wiped out, but I don’t sweat it too much. 

18 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Anything with wax residue slowly builds inside your plumbing. it also coats items in your dishwasher and the dishwasher itself. If you are on septic, the waxes and oils washed down the drain that manage to not coat the pipes will form a giant wax berg that septic cleaners scold you for. It can cause a nice plumbing back up into your house.

anything for fragrance can also hang around inside your dishwasher making dishes washed later taste funny. If the fragrance is not safe for consumption (GRAS-Generally Regarded as Safe) you could also ingest poisons..  Whenever possible it is best to keep candle and edible stuff totally separate. 

ammonia can clean oils and waxes - often Bette Rohan alcohol.  I. The end, the tiny bit left on the utensils won’t (shouldn’t) mess up future candles too badly. I heat gun everything and wipe with loads of paper towels. Color can bleed into a future batch if not totally wiped out, but I don’t sweat it too much. 

Thanks! I'm having a super hard time getting the smell out of the pour pitcher. I guess I may just have to buy one per scent i make.

I rotate in maybe a dozen pots. If a scent is in the same "family" it really does not seem to matter if there's some lingering. Color is usually the bugger - especially reds!

Edited to add: My shop offers more than 100 scents throughout the year and in many different waxes. I have never has noticeable issues of a little scent in the pot tampering with the next one.

1 hour ago, TallTayl said:

I rotate in maybe a dozen pots. If a scent is in the same "family" it really does not seem to matter if there's some lingering. Color is usually the bugger - especially reds!

Edited to add: My shop offers more than 100 scents throughout the year and in many different waxes. I have never has noticeable issues of a little scent in the pot tampering with the next one.

Ok, cool. What's your website?