Pro blend 650

Karen Ov

Hi...So I tried the 650 for some snowflake molds and I got some dips on all of them . I'm not use to using anything but 464..I followed the heating and pouring instructions so not sure why this happened lol..

Thanks  

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2020 at 2:22 PM, Karen Ov said:

Hi...So I tried the 650 for some snowflake molds and I got some dips on all of them . I'm not use to using anything but 464..I followed the heating and pouring instructions so not sure why this happened lol..

Thanks  

Their para/soy tart wax is the same as the one from RE and they always have dimples when you pour. You have to do a re-pour in order to get a smooth top. I wish I knew why that happens because I love that wax but hate the dimples.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/25/2020 at 9:41 AM, Karen Ov said:

Thanks..I'm only familiar with soy, so not sure on these para soy blends. I noticed the melt temp and pour temp are close not like 464 , so i feel like i have to work quick .  

I've poured hot and cool and I don't really remember if it made a difference in the dimples. I know if you use a container wax with it it will smooth  out but I hate the smudges I get with using the container wax. The only container wax I've ever used that didn't smudge doing shapes is 4786. Also, 6006 isn't as bad about smudging as 4630 or 4633 or at least in my experience. I hate the dimples but I've never had a customer complain about them and it's just going to melt anyway so I guess it's not really a big deal. I just don't like the way it looks.

On 6/13/2020 at 4:40 PM, Belinda said:

I've poured hot and cool and I don't really remember if it made a difference in the dimples. I know if you use a container wax with it it will smooth  out but I hate the smudges I get with using the container wax. The only container wax I've ever used that didn't smudge doing shapes is 4786. Also, 6006 isn't as bad about smudging as 4630 or 4633 or at least in my experience. I hate the dimples but I've never had a customer complain about them and it's just going to melt anyway so I guess it's not really a big deal. I just don't like the way it looks.

Especially like melts , their not the deepest like a candle jar..their more shallow so why the dimples.. lol

On 6/15/2020 at 8:51 AM, Karen Ov said:

Especially like melts , their not the deepest like a candle jar..their more shallow so why the dimples.. lol

Exactly! I've never been able to figure that out. It's always the granular wax that dimples too.

20 hours ago, karinz40 said:

I have used this wax for my melts for two   2 years.  i heat to 180   add fo at 160 and then pour.  Great hot and cold throw and never had dimples they come out perfect

Maybe pouring cooler helps them be smooth then? Your FO mixes well at 160? I add FO at 185, stir for 2 minutes and then pour. When I've added FO at lower temps for some oils like vanilla, it won't mix in. Any advice?

It always mixes very nice and I pour each melt quickly before they start to set up.   Very good HT and CT on the melts.  I love making melts and experimentsing with 8 oz tin candles right now with 4630 but this wicking thing is killing me....... 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, karinz40 said:

It always mixes very nice and I pour each melt quickly before they start to set up.   Very good HT and CT on the melts.  I love making melts and experimentsing with 8 oz tin candles right now with 4630 but this wicking thing is killing me....... 

Thats one reason I just stick with soy 464, 1 wick and 2 size jars .I don't have patience lol

On 6/16/2020 at 12:50 PM, karinz40 said:

Is 4630 hard to wick? I've only made a handful of candles so I'm not very experienced in that field. I do hope to be one day though. I think I've decided on 4786 for my container wax and that way I can use it with whatever tart/pillar wax I decide on and it doesn't smudge. I hate smudges on the bags!

Have you ever used this was for candles? 

I have never tried 4786.  i like the 4630 because I can cut how much I need and don't have to break up a slab of anything.  I have just tarted a couple weeks a go but this is a REALLY nice wax and EASY one to work with.  i have LEAVES burning in 8 oz tins testing right now  wick with LX 20 and HTP 83 to see if they are to big or not.  My condo is really smelling grat so Both are working but will watch the MP and also to see how hot the tins gt when I touch the sides.  So far both look really good

If anyone out there can jump in a tell me how to decide which wick when they both look almost equal I would appreciate very much.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2020 at 12:46 PM, karinz40 said:

I have used this wax for my melts for two   2 years.  i heat to 180   add fo at 160 and then pour.  Great hot and cold throw and never had dimples they come out perfect

When you add FO at 160 does it blend in with the wax all the way? I've always added at 180 and then stir for two minutes and pour. Maybe pouring cooler makes it smoother? I guess I need to experiment. When I add some FO cooler it doesn't seem to mix in well especially a vanilla or heavy oil. Do you ever have that happen?

On 7/2/2020 at 12:19 PM, Karen Ov said:

Does all tart wax cool quickly?  Is there a certain one that doesn't? .. As I pour its sludging up against the side of the pot..

It will all sludge when it gets cooler. I've not had a wax yet that didn't. I heat to 18-185, add FO and color and stir for 2 minutes and if it gets too cool it'll start doing that where it's hanging up on the sides and bottom and rim of the pot. 

• Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/12/2020 at 3:22 PM, Karen Ov said:

Thanks  

On 5/12/2020 at 3:22 PM, Karen Ov said:

Thanks  

What am I doing wrong? I don’t see any pictures on any posts! Thanks. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/8/2020 at 3:36 PM, wild4waxmelts said:

What am I doing wrong? I don’t see any pictures on any posts! Thanks. 

In my experience, this wax and all of the granulated tart waxes have dimples. Some are pouring cooler and getting smoother tops though. I usually ad some more paraffin to it to make it mostly paraffin and to smooth it out. My favorite right now is 4786 to add. It's a container wax but it's hard.

2 hours ago, Belinda said:

In my experience, this wax and all of the granulated tart waxes have dimples. Some are pouring cooler and getting smoother tops though. I usually ad some more paraffin to it to make it mostly paraffin and to smooth it out. My favorite right now is 4786 to add. It's a container wax but it's hard.

I wish I could help but it's Greek to me! Sorry!!

I did get a big order from a vendor I buy from regularly and I see many more bubble holes/pitting...and all the colors are at least twice as deep/dark as ever before. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. I need to get back to her but I've been M.I.A. for a few weeks...sick again. UGH!!!

On 10/4/2020 at 6:30 PM, wild4waxmelts said:

I wish I could help but it's Greek to me! Sorry!!

I did get a big order from a vendor I buy from regularly and I see many more bubble holes/pitting...and all the colors are at least twice as deep/dark as ever before. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. I need to get back to her but I've been M.I.A. for a few weeks...sick again. UGH!!!

So very sorry you're sick. Prayers for a quick recovery.

I don't think the color would have anything to do with the bubbles. I have noticed when I pour too cool I get bubbles too.

What vendor is it? I understand if you don't want to mention names. I still order from vendors on occasion to compare waxes. Do they use all paraffin or a para/soy combo?