Fragrance oil percentage in 464/pillar of bliss

Hey everyone,  thanks for taking the time to read and off your advice.

We have pretty much settled on 464 for our container candles and pillar of bliss for our wax melts. So my main question is for those of you that have been in this game for a while, what % FO are you using? We are currently using 10% in ea but i would like to reduce that if possible. I know testing is key but there are SO many different opinions everywhere.  I've seen a few people say they use 20% in their wax melts 🤔. Not knocking them but I couldnt do that and still be able to sell the melts for a reasonable price.

Back to the 464 I've seen people who say if you need more than 6% you aren't doing something right.. We currently are using 8oz jelly jars with lx14-16 (depending on FO) and they do ok. I understand that's a small candle (5.5oz) so it's obviously not going to fill a big room, but I feel like I could improve on the HT.

Thanks for any advice or tips, looking forward to your replies.

On 5/11/2020 at 8:40 AM, jbro9221 said:

Hey everyone,  thanks for taking the time to read and off your advice.

We have pretty much settled on 464 for our container candles and pillar of bliss for our wax melts. So my main question is for those of you that have been in this game for a while, what % FO are you using? We are currently using 10% in ea but i would like to reduce that if possible. I know testing is key but there are SO many different opinions everywhere.  I've seen a few people say they use 20% in their wax melts 🤔. Not knocking them but I couldnt do that and still be able to sell the melts for a reasonable price.

Back to the 464 I've seen people who say if you need more than 6% you aren't doing something right.. We currently are using 8oz jelly jars with lx14-16 (depending on FO) and they do ok. I understand that's a small candle (5.5oz) so it's obviously not going to fill a big room, but I feel like I could improve on the HT.

Thanks for any advice or tips, looking forward to your replies.

Soy is hard to scent, should let cure 2 weeks..

One thing I like about 464 is its gentle HT characteristic.  It does not throw potent HT like some other waxes.  Some might think HT is too weak.  But, I like the HT of 464, and I find that there are quite a few people who likes gentle HT rather than potent HT.  You cannot satisfy everyone's preference with one wax.  I chose to go for customers who prefer gentle HT.

*There is big difference between weak HT & gentle HT.

As for the %, I use 464 with 11 to 12% FO.  I never tried less than 10%, so I cannot say anything about using less FO.

I don't cure my candles for days or weeks.  I tried 1 day, 2 day, 1 week, 2 week, 1 month, 6 month, 1 year & 2 years old candle.  For me, I don't see any difference of longer cure time.  Maybe it's just me.