Sign in to follow this  
Lighten Up

Candle Science Very Vanilla

Has anyone tried the reformulated version? How does it compare to the old?

Or know of a twin to the old version?

Hmmm I wonder if this is the same Very Vanilla I get from The Flaming Candle.  I'm pretty sure TFC sources  there's from AFI based on conversations I've had with AFI. I would suspect that CS gets theirs from AFI as well since AFI is in Georgia and CS is in NC. With all that said, I use the VV pretty frequently in a fragrance blend and hadn't realized it was reformulated. I have noticed that the color of the FO has some variation but the fragrance seems consistent. But perhaps that's just because I don't use a ton in my blend. So I guess my best advice would be to talk to the folks at TFC and/or AFI. Just know (if you don't already) that the minimum order at AFI is 10#.

• Thanks 1

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 9:09 AM, Peggy T said:

Hmmm I wonder if this is the same Very Vanilla I get from The Flaming Candle.  I'm pretty sure TFC sources  there's from AFI based on conversations I've had with AFI. I would suspect that CS gets theirs from AFI as well since AFI is in Georgia and CS is in NC. With all that said, I use the VV pretty frequently in a fragrance blend and hadn't realized it was reformulated. I have noticed that the color of the FO has some variation but the fragrance seems consistent. But perhaps that's just because I don't use a ton in my blend. So I guess my best advice would be to talk to the folks at TFC and/or AFI. Just know (if you don't already) that the minimum order at AFI is 10#.

Thank you for sharing this. I had a chance to look through the Flaming Candle site and I see quite a few others that may be same/similar to the many other reformulated/discontinued CS fragrances that I have been looking for. Can you comment on their shipping and customer service?

I'm not sure at what level the VV would have been reformulated, if for only CS(to pass B&B specs), or at the higher level? I do believe the scent description has changed on the CS site, as I do not remember it  having a bourbon note?

On 5/7/2020 at 7:20 AM, Lighten Up said:

Thank you for sharing this. I had a chance to look through the Flaming Candle site and I see quite a few others that may be same/similar to the many other reformulated/discontinued CS fragrances that I have been looking for. Can you comment on their shipping and customer service?

I'm not sure at what level the VV would have been reformulated, if for only CS(to pass B&B specs), or at the higher level? I do believe the scent description has changed on the CS site, as I do not remember it  having a bourbon note?

The Flaming Candle has great service and fast order turnaround. I usually pick up orders there but shipping is quick and reasonable.