Labeling Cute Containers

Jeana

I'm really curious how some of you creatives would label a container like this. I'm really loving jars like this lately but I feel labeling them would be such a challenge. The "quilted" texture wouldn't allow a side label, and it seems like a label on the lid would take away from the cool wood look, but you have to have something. 

I just love this blue ❤️💛💜

https://calcandlesupply.com/8-oz-aqua-textured-matte-jar-w-lid/

8_TA_lid__19397.1585082380.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, bfroberts said:

I would do a hang tag.  In these situations I also do a warning label on the bottom that includes the scent name, company name, etc., because the hang tags can go missing from customers fiddling.

How would you fasten the tag?

I use various types of elastic cording.  I usually use the regular old silver or gold cord, but there are several options. You can even use the thin stretchy clear elastic cord that’s used to make stretch bracelets.  I’m not sure about your lids because mine are a little different. With mine, the cord fits under the lid around the figment ring and the lid still fits flush with the tag hanging on the outside.  

I see what you mean. That is a very pretty jar and lid. I agree with the others, warning label on bottom of candle with main info or a hang tag. I'll also add that you could do 2 labels, if needed. In addition to the warning/info label on bottom of candle, you could also have an info label on the inside of the lid.

• Like 1

I would slap a round label on the lid. Could do clear and (if applied correctly) would look like it was embossed on the top. Like the hang tag idea too. For jars like that, I usually end up boxing them (bigger expense, sadly) and recreating the quilted pattern on the box label. All depends on who your market is and what they want.

Edit: I think I got some samples of that jar in black. It was a nice vessel... But shipping from CA to PA is a B!

Edited by StanfordP
  • Like 1