Aztec new wax

New Soy/Coconut/Beeswax Blend Waxes Coming Early April

We are having three new waxes for Containers, Pillars, and Tart produced just for us and testing on these has been great! They are being made by a manufacturer who currently only produces for large end users and we are the first to distribute one of their waxes so these are completely new to the market. We will be offering 2lb samples initially to try them out and are very excited about these new blends.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Peggy T said:

Hmmmm Aztec is relatively close to me. OK, it's not that close but I pass through KNoxville when I visit my daughter so if it's a good wax I could buy in bulk and pick up. Thanks for the tip.

Better call them first, because their website says they are closed for local pickups.

• Like 1

It doesn't look like it's in stock yet. I would start with a sample (delivered) anyway. Then if I really liked it, I'd drive up to Knoxville to buy a bunch. But I don't foresee that happening for a while (testing the wax or going to Aztec).

• 2 months later...
On 4/16/2020 at 11:48 AM, CaptnKush said:

We are having three new waxes for Containers, Pillars, and Tart produced just for us and testing on these has been great! They are being made by a manufacturer who currently only produces for large end users and we are the first to distribute one of their waxes so these are completely new to the market. We will be offering 2lb samples initially to try them out and are very excited about these new blends.

I just received my samples- I bought 2 one pound bags.. Honestly, it looks and smells exactly like Millenium Soy. Once melted it is a dark yellow color. I made2 test candles- the first tester, I heated the wax to 180° added scent, stirred about 30 secs and poured. The other tester I heated the wax to 190, added scent, stirred about 30 secs then poured. I used 10% fragrance in each one.. I'll test burn in a few days, curious what wicks will be the best. I'll start with CD.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2020 at 7:22 PM, CaptnKush said:

Im suspecting it might be the Lab & Co wax since its growing in popularity unless IGI made a new one and they seem to carry most of the IGI wax.

the WW (Lab and Co) waxes are made by Calwax.. the Virgin coconut soy is their EC26 and the coco/apricot is their Ceda Serica. The new Aztec wax ( soy/coconut/bee) is in bead form.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2020 at 2:35 PM, PINKT said:

the WW (Lab and Co) waxes are made by Calwax.. the Virgin coconut soy is their EC26 and the coco/apricot is their Ceda Serica. The new Aztec wax ( soy/coconut/bee) is in bead form.

Have you tried it yet and if so how is it?

On 7/3/2020 at 4:11 PM, CaptnKush said:

Have you tried it yet and if so how is it?

I made a few testers... this wax looks and smells just like Millenium Soy to me, it comes in little beads... It's definitely mostly soy .I don't have the patience to wait for the wax to cool to 140 before I pour so I won't be using it as a stand alone wax, I would blend it.. the HT and CT are both really good... I burned a tester after 4 day cure and it was good and strong.. I did 10% fragrance- heated the wax to 190 added scent, stirred about 30 secs and poured. It's great on it's own, but it doesn't look pretty.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2020 at 10:48 AM, CaptnKush said:

Just got two samples of this and can't wait to test it out. 

On 6/27/2020 at 5:35 PM, PINKT said:

Do you know if Calwax sell directly to consumers?    I know plenty of people looking for the Virgin Coco Soy and WW is always out of stock.  

On 7/10/2020 at 11:43 PM, Cindel said:

Do you know if Calwax sell directly to consumers?    I know plenty of people looking for the Virgin Coco Soy and WW is always out of stock.  

I actually recently reached out to Calwax to see if they offered small quantities since every supplier seemed to be out of stock. The rep told me they do sell directly...with a 500lb minimum!

On 7/15/2020 at 1:23 PM, StandleyHandcrafted said:

Just made my first batch with this wax and first impression are not great. 
Small sinkholes on top, larger sinkholes inside, tops cooled and looked like orange peels. 
Not a great hot throw after 3 days, waiting to test burn the other two at 7-8 days and 14 days. 

Oh bummer. Can you post some pics?

Edited by CaptnKush

• 4 months later...
On 4/17/2020 at 7:22 PM, CaptnKush said:

Im suspecting it might be the Lab & Co wax since its growing in popularity unless IGI made a new one and they seem to carry most of the IGI wax.

This wax, Aztec's new wax, is actually made by Blended Waxes, not Lab & Co.. it is their BW 917 and the tart blend is Blended Waxes Bw923

• 2 months later...