Making Lavender Fragrance

dEvan

Hey Everybody, I'm new on here as well but just starting off in my side-business so wanted to ask the veterans for advice. 

Lavender seems to be the overwhelming fan-favorite as far as scents. Is making the fragrance oil really as simple to make as this video shows?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMhKAlJE8mY

I want to make sure that if I invest that kind of time it can be used in candle making, and not just for soaps, baths, massage oil, etc.

Also, and advice on which oil is best used to extract the scents (almond, coconut, olive, etc) would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks,

Evan

That's just an infused oil.  That's not something you would use to scent candles and not much scent would carry into soap at all and it would be little in body products either.   Essential oils are steam or chemically extracted not infused.  

There are videos on line that show the process of extracting oils from plants. Etsy sells simple kits so you can google steam distillation equipment for plants. Keep in mind unless you have fields of lavender you’ll need tons of plant matter to produce a tiny bit of oil. Lavender essential oil is still one of the most affordable oils. If you commit to the process keep us posted, it can be done.

• Like 2