Cleaning candles from candle molds - white residue (white powder)

Is there a way to clean the white residue or white powder off the candles that come out of the candle molds? I think it's the spray (candle remover spray to remove candles out of candle molds) I'm using that heats up then dries to leave a white residue on the outside of a candle.

I want to soak the candles in luke warm water for a while and give that a try. The candle wax I use is paraffin wax that's very hard and it won't break easily. It's one of the candle waxes you can drop and nothing really happens or it won't break for the most part even or even chip.

Anyone know?

Edited by CandleMaker3D

6 hours ago, TallTayl said:

How about a piece of nylon stocking to polish it off?

I'm a guy (straight - so obviously don't have those around for whatever reason) myself and I'd have to order something like that off amazon if I were to go that route. Don't want to order nylon stockings though to clean the candles.

I don't want 10 of those laying around as I've lost the first 9 then have someone come over and the other 9 randomly appear to them as a single straight guy myself. Even if I say "I promise I don't wear these and these are for cleaning candles only" I still don't want to explain it over and over again as a story. It's also not something I'd see in the long run myself.

I could 3D print in nylon and try that route to as well.

Not a bad idea, but I'd want something more that I could have around long term. Rather than having like a collection of 50-100 nylon stockings at some point down the road. Have a box or a tub of old ones and someone is helping me move and they drop the box which reveals roughly 50-100 nylon stockings.

I'm a button down shirt type of guy. I just really like candles or candle making. I'm somewhat eccentric myself at least, but having nylon stockings around would be pushing it completely especially if I did collect a large collection over time. Not a bad idea though just wouldn't fit with me as a guy.

Edited by CandleMaker3D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...